Page 1 of 2
Mine has been awesome. Took a trip to Spain for 3 weeks to get my mind clear and now I have a better idea of what I want to do with my life.

We've even had near to 5 straight days of sun in Scotland.

I have no idea how I'm going to keep the momentum of the summer up until end of September. Can't even be arsed to go back.

I even passed all my exams and that was my hardest year.

Found joy again in music and playing guitar.

Hell, whatever depressed feelings I had before are gone.

How about you guys?
Could do with a trip to Spain for 3 weeks.
Congratulations, I suppose.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Summer barely started for me. And it doesnt feel like summer, too cold here.
STಠ_ಠ
So far it has been brutally disappointing. I never really considered summer to start until like, June 25 or so. I probably won't be doing anything until my birthday.
My summer has been pretty ****ing incredible.

I started working at Menards and have been getting talked up by a couple of different managers already. The work's tough but it's helping me physically; looking at it as if I'm getting paid to work out.

Started talking to a girl who had a crush on me a while back that I never knew about. We'll see where that takes me.

I've been hanging out with my brother and doing cool shit out of town with him at every opportunity. I've also been way more social and hanging out with friends in my town more than I ever did in high school.

UG is there to fill in the gaps and keep me occupied and entertained during my down time. You guys are pretty kickass, and have always played a vital role in my life. So appreciation to all of you who post here.

It's been a good one.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44

You guys are pretty kickass, and have always played a vital role in my life. So appreciation to all of you who post here.

I try my best
Pretty awesome. I've been overwhelmed by things I actually want to do and I've been happy for more than one day in a row for the first time in forever. Nothing is making me hate me or life itself, life is good at the moment.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
cold, because it's winter
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Not actively bad, but not good, either. Flatmate and quite a few of my friends have left town. Mostly I just stay in my room watching TV/playing video-games. Occasionally summon up the drive to go to the gym.
Great, uni's been finished for a few weeks and ive got a new girlfriend so ive been hanging out with her and my friends, having bbq's, nights out, beer gardens, relaxing in the sun etc etc. Im starting a 4 week excavation at a castle tomorrow aswell (I do archaeology).
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
My day starts at 10 when I wake up and play guitar for a couple of hours then get dressed and go out with friends and enjoy the best weather Ireland's had for ages, do yeah it's pretty great
I've been pretty bored.

Got a sweet new Telecaster.

Seen my girlfriend once in like a month.

Rarely see any of my friends.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
so much potential building up, man. all across the board. i've never looked forward to the future more than i do right now. i've also never painfully absorbed the past like i do right now. a very charged moment in my life.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
My summer?

My girlfriend of 6 years broke up with me for another guy, I have kidney stones, I've developed mild incontinence.

Yay.

fvck life...
ayy lmao
Quote by laid-to-waste
i've never looked forward to the future more than i do right now.

that's just like me

in opposite land

Quote by chookiecookie
My summer?

My girlfriend of 6 years broke up with me for another guy, I have kidney stones, I've developed mild incontinence.

Yay.

fvck life...

that sucks
but on the bright side, a few kids mistook you for some otherk id on a guitar bored
so, y'know, embrace the small victories
Last edited by Hydra150 at Jun 9, 2013,
Haven't had a summer vacation in a few years. Won't have one for at least 2-3 more years, unless I ragequit school
Shit ton of work, shit ton of homework for summer classes.

Word of advice: Never take more than one summer class at a time. They're usually condensed to a month or so long and so the workload is off the charts. I'm finding this out the hard way.
+Had a few good days of sun, some barbeques, some nice days in the park, drinking and hanging out with friends.
+Found a job, after looking for ages.
+Got a new music project on the go that is looking promising.
+Hopefully gonna be going on some kind of trip at some point, not sure when or where, but hopefully it will happen.

-The job is pretty strenuous, and on a hot day, it is very tiring.
-There was a girl i was close with, but i haven't spoken to her in a few weeks, and it seems like we're drifting apart.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
So far, so good!

- Learned 2 classical guitar pieces that are more difficult than others I have learned before, and I am working on a 3rd that will be my most difficult piece when I'm finished

- Got a job teaching guitar and working with kids at the YMCA

- Went to a sweet party in downtown Detroit

- Smoked a bunch of weed and drank a bunch of beer on my less busy days

- Made about 50$ so far busking at a rest stop off the highway near where I live
Pretty good. I usually hate the warm weather, but I've been enjoying it lately.

Plus my mood and outlook on life keeps getting better. And I've been depressed since I was 16, so that's good.

EDIT: Probably because I'm finding out what self-expression really means.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I am working and doing some extra university courses at the same time so I don't have too much of a summer. That being said it has been fairly alright so far, and I only expect it to get better!
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
There has hardly been any sign of summer here in Newfoundland yet.For those who never excelled in Geography in school,Newfoundland and Labrador is the most Easterly province in Canada with Newfoundland being the island part of the province and Labrador being on the mainland and adjoining Quebec.Where I live is the most easterly point of North America and only 200' from the cold North Atlantic.

We have only had a handful of days were the temp went as far as 20 C and today it's a chilly 4 C or 40F and the wind is coming right off the ocean which means that we are getting lots of cold rain.I'm an avid gardener- besides being profoundly guitarded- and it hasn't been nearly warm enough to plant any seeds and hardly been warm enough to get out weeding.With any luck we'll be having at least a few warm days between now and Labour Day...lol.
I work 40 hours a week repairing the shitty work private contractors did with tax payer funding with a bunch of ******s and chatty Cathys that do nothing but gossip and bitch like we're in ****ing high school.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Really shitty. I've just been working and bumming around all day. I was suppose to be really working hard on my playing/songwriting but I've just been too lazy.

I'm suppose to be joining this fairly establish local band so that's cool I guess.
Last edited by schecter ftw at Jun 9, 2013,
Last day of school tomorrow. Shit.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by guitslinger
hardly been warm enough to get out weeding.

It's been plenty warm for that if you know what I mean.
It's been excellent. passed all my classes last semester, have a job that pays me far too much for what I do, reconnected with people i havent seen in a while, the library increased my borrowing limit, pretty optimistic about my classes next year. I was kinda sad before because I have a leg injury that made me cancel my earlier plans (was gonna travel a bit) and I basically have to sit around and not do anything active for the next 3 months. But I get to travel w/friends at the end of summer so I'm looking forward to that.
cat
It's been a bit uneventful, but I can't complain. Gonna finish recording my album and put it up on Bandcamp before summer's over, and I'll hopefully be in Kyoto from October onwards.
OP is a time traveler?
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by amonamarthmetal
OP is a time traveler?

Universities usually start their summers about 2 months before highschools do.

So far my summer has been the most productive ones I've probably ever had. Going through first year of university was a real wake up call to get my shit together, and I'm glad to say it's going well so far.
Page 1 of 2