Page 1 of 2
Are you comfortable recording your voice and listening to it? For whatever reason, hearing my own voice is one of my biggest phobias.

Please tell me there are other people like this.
I hate myself, so....
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Quote by kcmoon5150
I hate myself, so....

+1
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I used to hate it, but then I started working in radio. I hear it so often now, that it's almost as natural to hear it recorded as it is to hear it from my mouth.

I still do not like my music though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Not at all. Sometimes I'll find it weird and record whatever I was saying over again, but generally, no.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I know everybody thinks their voice is weird, but I actually think my voice actually is weird. Y'all kinda stealing my thunder with your regular voices being all "oh my voice, so strange lol!"

My voice is like a cross between Noel Gallagher and Lily Savage. Get on my level.
I don't think my voice is strange or anything but it sounds so different when I hear it recorded that I'm alway shocked. It sounds so much deeper than when I hear myself talking.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I like my voice right after I wake up because it is deep and actually fits me but after a couple hours it reverts back to sounding like shit.
I don't like hearing it.

In my head it's this high, middle class snobby-shit,

played back to me it's a low mumbling estate-y/chav-y mess.

I'm constantly having to repeat my words to people because I heard myself say something clearly when it was actually just a deep mumble and it's so damn annoying. Hearing my voice properly just amplifies how annoying that is and makes me not want to speak at all.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
I'm constantly having to repeat my words to people because I heard myself say something clearly when it was actually just a deep mumble and it's so damn annoying. Hearing my voice properly just amplifies how annoying that is and makes me not want to speak at all.

Ugh this so much. I'm trying to get better though.
Quote by theguitarist

ugh, I do do this a lot. Like I said, it's way deeper than it sounds to me, so what sounds like normal speech when I'm talking is all low and inaudible
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I swear my voice is completely different in recordings, it sounds awful. Yet when I meet new people one of the things they nearly always say is they love my voice.
West Ham United
Quote by theguitarist

Me too.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
really doesn't matter to me that much

but when I'm drunk, it is so ****ing annoying to hear a recorded version of my voice
I hate my speaking voice very much.

Nasally accent, mispronunciation of words, I'm either too loud or too soft, etc.
This used to freak me out so much. When the phone repeats your voice to you for whatever reason, ugh. And recording myself sing for the first time a few weeks ago was so terrifying. I was really bad but the other time I did it a few days ago made me seem like I have hope, so I don't think it'll bother me as much now.

I dunno if I'll ever conquer the fear of seeing myself on video though
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I've never really practiced singing properly so I have trouble hitting notes consistently and cleanly. That said I used to abhor the timbre of my voice but I realized that I was always trying to emulate other singers and when I started singing with my natural voice I didn't mind it nearly as much.

tl;dr yeah pretty much
I don't like it.
I'm a Bass-Baritone.
I can do good with country though, although I'm not into it.

I did sing House Of The Rising Son in one band I was in. The audience seemed to like it.

Listen to Paradise City. At the beginning where you hear someone singing bass? I can nail that.
You guys hate hearing your voice? Interesting...

I'm not sure if this thread is about singing or talking, because singing is a little bit annoying to hear myself recorded but I kind of just deal with it because it's one of the best ways I've found to become better. Talking I have no problem with.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
Do this.

Speak.

Freak out.

What's supposed to happen with this?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
No. I hate it 100 times more than looking at pictures of myself. In case this has not been said and someone doesn't know. How you hear yourself, isn't your natural voice. Your natural voice is actually higher than what you hear when you speak
I have a bass-baritone voice so yes, I'm constantly having to repeat myself to people and I hate it.
pinga
I'm the same way. I have a pretty bad lisp. I try to consciously not do it, but I can't help it.
#DTWD
It's really the only way I can get off.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
My voice is a lot deeper than the way I hear it in my head. But not in a nice way. In a mumbly way.
Page 1 of 2