The nut came off of one of my guitars. The strings are still on it so the nut is still sitting there and it holds tuning I just need to re-attach it. The only problem is, I've never had to do anything like that before. So, Will E6000 or some other kind of strong adhesive work or do I need something made specifically for guitars? Thanks
Just some regular wood glue or super glue will work fine.

Just squirt some in the nut slot, line the nut up even and clamp it down. Let it sit for at least a day or two to let the glue bond.

Be careful with how much glue you use. A little bit goes a long way.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
This is the life we must choose.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm surprised that a big arm hasn't appeared out of the amp and slapped you across the face.
Quote by stonyman65

Just squirt some in the nut slot, line the nut up even and clamp it down. Let it sit for at least a day or two to let the glue bond.

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by stonyman65

agreed, but don't use superglue. that shit sets way too fast. wood glue, so you can still make fine adjustments before it sets. then clamp it.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
agreed, but don't use superglue. that shit sets way too fast. wood glue, so you can still make fine adjustments before it sets. then clamp it.

I also hear horror stories of a nut needing to be replaced and the previous owner or tech used superglue... Causes problems when you actually need to remove a nut.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by NakedInTheRain

Ah didn't think of that.

Good call!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I did this to my SG I just used some wood glue and a special spray that makes it set faster, cleaned it all up nice and tidy and it's fine now =]
Gear:
Epiphone SG Emily The Strange
Peavey Vypyr 75 with modded bat wing
Peavey Sanpera I
Ibanez AF-AF55
Quote by TremontiAddict

My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.