Adapted from macashmack's thread...

What is the worst nightmare you have had/remember? Any reoccurring dreams that make you wake up sweaty and screaming? Do tell.

As for me, I used to have night terrors when I was 0-9 years old. Most nights I would have vivid dreams of really weird stuff. A lot of reoccurring monsters and themes as well.

One in particular that scared me badly was one in which I, along with my family, was in a park with the perimeter enclosed by large hedges. There were a lot of dried leaves on the ground and I would walk around trying not to step on them... as if something horrible would happen for every one that was crunched. It never failed, with every step a very audible crunch was heard. Then, out of nowhere my family would be suddenly grouped together with me and jumping in excitement as some voice announced that we had won. Won what, I have no clue, but streamers and loud noises were going off everywhere. I don't know if I've ever been that scared in my life.

In another I am simply sitting in a car watching the white dotted lines in the middle of the street go by one by one. Wakes me up in a cold sweat every time.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
When I was really young I watched the Blair Witch Project and had dreams of little ghost kids chasing me and slicing my stomach open. It sucked because after I woke up and confirmed that it was just a dream, I would fall asleep into the same goddam dream. It was as if it was just paused or something.
In narrow brick winding hallway being chased by some unknown malevolent force.
Able to run.
Run for a while.
Eventually, physically unable to run.
Get caught by malevolent force.
Repeat at beginning, the distance you can run getting shorter each time.

Do this a bunch of times until you wake up.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by metal4eva_22
I would fall asleep into the same goddam dream. It was as if it was just paused or something.

Literally the worst part about waking up halfway through the night. Going back to sleep and starting it again.
Quote by blake1221
I have really bleak apocalyptic dreams every once in a while. Dying is pretty shit.

This.

And I have lots of dreams that involve everyone I know betraying me followed by my death. I feel like such a paranoid twat when I wake up.

I've posted specific dreams in at least six threads over the years so I doubt anyone cares to read them again (not that they cared to begin with lol).
I have two nightmares one scary and the other is just depressing.

The scariest nightmare I've had was that I was trapped in a house with some people I didn't know and we were hiding from something or someone. Occasionally we would see a silhouette lurking around and then flee to find a new hiding spot. Everytime we found a new hiding spot someone would go missing and then we would find them eviciserated. Eventually we managed to escape the house and starting running down the street. The being found us running and caught up to us with incredible speed and slowly started ripping everyone he caught apart. When he finally caught me he cut right through my abdomen and then proceeded to choke me until everything faded to black. After I die or blacked out I'm back at the beginning of my dream. The dream just kept repeating the same scenario over and over again.

The most depressing nightmare I had was that my life was all good and that my father was still alive. However, one day one my family members died. I wasn't particularly affected by the death, but I still went to the funeral. I got on with my live until another family member died, then another, and then another. Each death hit harder than the last. My mother and I were absolutely griefstricken and didn't know what to do. My father on the other hand seemed very aloof to only my grievances. Finally, my mother dies and I'm completely and utterly devastated. I go searching for my father, but he's no where to be found. In the end left I'm alone in my house and completely numb emotionally.
I have this horrible nightmare where I have lost all my skills and end up playing in a one of todays faux metal bands.....
Supposedly when kids have night terrors, they don't remember what they were dreaming. I can tell you that statement is not entirely true. I used to have night terrors and I remember the dream very well and it was always the same one. I dreamed I was in a large white space and this big round boulder would start growing until it crushed me. It would go until my head was about to explode and then it would start all over again from the beginning. Watching your own death over and over again when you're 5 is rather traumatizing. Not being able to verbalize what happened when your parents asked is just as bad.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
i used to dream i was in a big white empty roomwith nothing to do until i woke up

itwould literally feel like i was bored in there for hourslike a prisoner of my dreams
i used to dream that at least once of twice a week during my teen years

then i started having more disturbing dreams which id rather not talk about i think its one of the reason i developed insomnia
Well, I don't really have bad dreams very often, fortunately, but I did have one the other day for the first time in ages (girlfriend said I actually started shaking and let out a creepy, mumbled scream ) where I was (for some reason) in a weird variation of our living room, but at night and with my mom, and where two bookcases currently are against the wall, the room was extended. Against where the wall was extended to was a fridge, and it kept sliding forward when we weren't paying attention at which point we'd just move it back and look out for spirits for a bit (corny, I know). Then I went to bed, only it was the bedroom my younger brother and I used to sleep in at my dad's house (so two single beds separated by a dressing table, in a large room, with the door by the bed I didn't sleep in) and my mom was in the other bed. I woke up (in the dream) to some strange, shadowy creature approaching her and just as it reached out as if to harm/grab her, and I was struggling to scream but frozen with fear, I woke up (really) to my girlfriend looking at me in bewilderment.

I'm more scared when I get sleep paralysis though... that shit is horrible and really freaky, especially because no matter how often it happens, I always feel really panicky/out of breath and struggle to try and move until I manage to move a finger and the paralysis goes like a wave from that point in my body outwards.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Dreams where I observe myself dying from a third person perspective always made me feel really weird when I woke up. I had one where a plane crashed on me, and another where I got electrocuted.
I used to have frequent nightmares of me falling, used to wake up in a panic over these.

Now I have nightmares in which everyone I care about leaves me or gets killed. Makes sleep depressing.
I was shot in a dream once. Right through the heart.

I literally thought I was going to die, and I'm still not entirely convinced that I didn't.
Quote by TheChaz
Dreams where I observe myself dying from a third person perspective always made me feel really weird when I woke up. I had one where a plane crashed on me, and another where I got electrocuted.

Plane crash dreams are the worst (I've had two really vivid, first person plane crash dreams). It's weird because I never thought about how dying on a plane really works before the dreams. I always imagined it from an outside perspective; the plane crashes and everyone's dead and that's it. I never thought about what would actually kill you, whether it be smacking your head against something, an exploding engine, etc.

The first one was over the ocean, and I survived the initial crash due to luck, but a sharp metal piece of the plane was jammed into my neck so I just sat there bleeding out in pain, unable to scream as everyone around me was already dead except a few people in the process of dying just watching me.

During the second dream everyone ended up lighting on fire and we just screamed. It was horrific, especially considering there were little kids sitting in front of me and several young girls on the plane.

Obviously I couldn't 'feel' the full extent of the pain since I have never been lit on fire in real life, but still. Plane crashes are easily in my top five worst ways to die.
I had a recurring nightmare about killing my two youngest siblings. I had it three times and it was horrible. The worst part is wondering why i had this dream and what it symbolises.
Ive had this nightmare for years. I wake up in a awful dessert town and i am an Mexican. I get really freaked out, but i fell a sleep right away. Because im a Mexican.
One that sticks with me the most is from when i was in primary school (probably about 6 years old).

I dreamt that i was playing upstairs in my house, then i fell down the stairs, i was unharmed, but as i was trying to get back up the stairs, the severed head of the head teacher at my school floated out from the stairs, and attached to his neck was this tube (pretty much the same as they use in the dentist to suck the saliva from your mouth), he made an unholy scream, then sucked my insides out with the tube.

From time to time i have night terrors, the most recent one was about a robot bursting into my room and trying to attack me, but most of the time they are about spiders.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
^Very similar to this, except it was some huge, flesh-y machine type thing. I was only 5 or 6 and didn't sleep for a week...didn't sleep well anyways. Apparently, these days I occasionally talk in my sleep. About what, I don't know. But it's pretty weird, according to my parents/friends/neighbours/whoever hears my night time rants.
Gear

EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter Omen 7
Sterling JP70
Fender Newporter Acoustic
Bugera 6262
Peavey XXX 4x12
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
Quote by metal4eva_22
I would fall asleep into the same goddam dream. It was as if it was just paused or something.

I hate this, bad dreams go on pause. Where as the awesome sex dreams go away.... Forever..
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
I used to have nightmares a lot when I was a child. Not so much now, but I've really come to enjoy them. They're a lot more interesting and memorable than my other dreams.
Posting my worst nightmare in a thread and then waking up the next day to find another nightmare thread and not remembering what my nightmare was to post it in this thread
pinga
Quote by zomgguitarz1234

this may just be the best post I've ever seen
Last edited by ehbacon at Jun 10, 2013,
My worst nightmares were about being abducted by aliens, it tormented me until I was about 10 or 11 maybe.

The scariest dream I ever had was when I was 10 or so and I remember being in a run down old ghost town that looked like it had been blown up or something. There were monsters all around but the worst part, and I still remember vividly, running through the alleys trying to get away and a huge rolling eyeball looked right at me.

The only scary dream I can think of recently was a few months ago when I was punching a guy I used to go to school with in the face. I kept hitting him even when he was laying on the ground and I just turned his face to mush. It was awful and I remember waking up feeling horrified, it was the most scared I'd been from a dream in years.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by CoreysMonster
I was shot in a dream once. Right through the heart.

I literally thought I was going to die, and I'm still not entirely convinced that I didn't.

I had a dream like this one time too. I actually felt the hard thud of the bullet as it hit my skull.

Oddly enough, I no longer have any fear whatsoever about getting shot. In fact, I would prefer it over many other kinds of deaths, now. Weird.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

random
I just realized that flowers and insects have been a recurring theme over the past 7-8 years. It's either flowers growing towards me out of random objects (walls, ceilings, table), or a small tornado of insect/amoeba-like organisms spinning nearby, or both. Oddly if I open a door/window they automatically rush out into the sun, and after closing the door some more quickly grow out of the walls and crash into me. So in most dreams myself and others are doing the usual boring reality things, but there are always iridescent or translucent flowers/insects hanging around. I should make a shop that explains this better it's pretty awesome.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234

OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Jun 12, 2013,
I've got three or four recurring dreams (though I think one of them I have now handled; what happened used to always annoy and disappoint me, but now I just accept it which is nice), however none of them are actually that bad really.

I've dreamt a good few times about dying, but again I've never really found them that negative. Similarly to someone earlier, I've had a few dreams about the world ending (the sun exploding being the one I remember specifically), but I just sat down and accepted it. I saw this amazing stuff across the sky, sat down and curled into a ball and thought "I hope this doesn't hurt".

I recently had a dream where I thought I'd woken up in my room and the door at the end of my room (which doesn't exist) was open and there was a girl kneeling on my chest, stabbing me repeatedly in the chest. I remember seeing this person and being pretty shocked and scared, but feeling myself not being able to breath (due to being stabbed, I thought) and the blood on my chest (I think my hand was just tingling in the position I'd slept, with it one my chest) I actually just sort of thought... Oh. **** I guess this is it. Too late to do anything, I'm done.
The open door I dreamt was just light coming through my window I think. I didn't think much of the dream really, just "oh well that was crazy", but then a day or two people were talking about sleep paralysis and night terrors and started talking about exactly what had happened to me.

My worst dreams are very rarely bad because of the actual content (like monsters or whatever), usually it's just the feeling. I get ones where there's just a repeating sense of frustration and urgency, usually about something that in the morning really makes very little sense. Somehow thing being a certain length is extremely important, or something like that. Like a skipping record, but with a feeling of "this NEEDS to be this, this is really important", but even more frustrating as usually the "this" isn't really anything in particular to get to grips with.
I was hacked by a super computer serial killer who manifested himself into my PC and managed to steal my energy though my USB port.

He managed to quantum teleport me and dematerialize my physical properties to transport me as a whole back to his living quarters. When I rematerialized I woke up in a bathtub with newspaper clippings of murders that had been going on for at least 50 years. The wall paper was filled with these news clippings.

The door slammed open and a black mass of energy shaped as a human figure began tearing apart my limbs piece by piece until I was just a torso and a head. I could feel every cut, every tear, every drop of blood escape my body, until my view faded to black, and I woke up.

I woke up fearing for my life, for my family, and for the world around me. I woke up sweating and in a panic. I had never been so scared in my entire life.

Scumbag brain.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by slipknot5678
Plane crash dreams are the worst (I've had two really vivid, first person plane crash dreams). It's weird because I never thought about how dying on a plane really works before the dreams. I always imagined it from an outside perspective; the plane crashes and everyone's dead and that's it. I never thought about what would actually kill you, whether it be smacking your head against something, an exploding engine, etc.

The first one was over the ocean, and I survived the initial crash due to luck, but a sharp metal piece of the plane was jammed into my neck so I just sat there bleeding out in pain, unable to scream as everyone around me was already dead except a few people in the process of dying just watching me.

During the second dream everyone ended up lighting on fire and we just screamed. It was horrific, especially considering there were little kids sitting in front of me and several young girls on the plane.

Obviously I couldn't 'feel' the full extent of the pain since I have never been lit on fire in real life, but still. Plane crashes are easily in my top five worst ways to die.

My dream was actually that a plane fell from the sky and crashed into my as I was playing in my backyard. I had that dream when I was like 6. It's one of the three really vivid nightmares I had when I was younger.

The electrocution one was a dream of me and my brother in our bunkbed, but someone had put electrified wire all around the edge of our beds. There was someone running around screaming and breaking things outside our door, so we were trying to get out of bed to run away, but I got caught in the wiring and got electrocuted to death.
I don't normally remember my dreams. I think in the past couple years I remember one or two.

One that always stuck with me from being a kid though (and it's probably the stupidest nightmare ) was I was riding on a jetski fighting a Godzilla like monster with a gun. Just kinda shooting at it's feet. I wasn't doing any damage but it felt like I was doing something. And then it just stepped on me. And it's not like my dream stopped. He just kinda sat there on top of me for what felt like forever before I woke up.

I had a very active imagination as a kid
Pfffft. Moer ****er looked more like...

Not some little kid.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
My worst dreams involve teeth. There is always something happening with them. Imagination can be very creepy. It always scare me be cause I never know if it's real.