What rules (that you follow yourself) do you expect your housemates to live by?

-Keep communal areas clean. It doesn't bother me if your own room is a tip, or if it's spotless, but if you prepare food in the kitchen, please clean stuff up afterwards.

-Set down guidelines on food what is communal and food what is not, that way there won't be five pots of butter or whatever, and people won't end up pissing someone else off by accidentally taking something of theirs.

-If you are expecting a visitor, try to let other people know before they show up. I get quite pissed off if i'm having a lazy day, wearing whatever i like, then someone just randomly shows up at the door expecting to come in.

-Everyone should pull their weight when sorting out utilities, phoning landlords, whatever, and keep a record of whatever has gone down in terms of bills or outgoing money. That way, there's no arguments over who has to talk to the banks, and everyone knows how much needs to be paid to who.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Jun 10, 2013,
equal pay on bills and clean up after yourself, that's pretty much all I expect.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by JackalUK
I wouldn't have a housemate.

dont be like that. your a beautiful person. someone will accept you for who you are.
Quote by CoreysMonster
-always be naked when indoors

preferably a woman as well
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Pretty much all those. One of our housemates has his girlfriend come over for a few days at a time without even telling us. They then spend all evening in the kitchen/lounge area and leave stuff everywhere. I can also hear him shouting at 9am to her downstairs for reasons unknown. Probably trying to assert his dominance. Because he doesnt do it when shes not here.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
We follow the principles that make things go best, because those are the principles that we rationally and impartially want to be the rules that we both accept and follow in our lives.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by JackalUK

Being an adult is awesome!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by leony03
Pretty much all those. One of our housemates has his girlfriend come over for a few days at a time without even telling us. They then spend all evening in the kitchen/lounge area and leave stuff everywhere. I can also hear him shouting at 9am to her downstairs for reasons unknown. Probably trying to assert his dominance. Because he doesnt do it when shes not here.

Yeah, it's a small thing but it just seems kind of unfair, even if i get on with someone, it feels like a bit of an invasion of privacy if they are just there out of the blue.
WHOMP

Don't do what my ex-housemate did, which is move out without telling us, and cancel the billing account without telling us.

I would expect my housemates to maintain a certain level of hygiene (cleaning up after using the kitchen, showering more than once a month). Other than that there isn't a lot I would complain about.
Quote by JackalUK

This.

I spent 10 years living with roommates (17-27) finally ditched them and its the best thing ever. Simply because people wont want to live with rules, because they don't live at home. We had explicit rules about cleaning, they were hardly ever followed and getting roommates to clean was a pain in the ass. They will eat your food regardless, I caught them a couple times and called them out, still happened and quite frequently as now living on my own my food lasts forever for some reason. They will drink your beer and smoke your weed while you aren't there, if you partake in such indulgences. And worst of all if one of them gets a girlfriend they immediately believe they have full right to basically move her in at no cost. Yeah roommates suck, good way to kill friendships too. I learned one of my best friends from school was gay and like trans-sexuals by living with him, talk about an AWKWARD experience walking in on that.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
I didn't read the OP, but I assume it was something akin to "OMG IM SO PERFECT AND MY ROOMMATES ARE SPOILED LITTLE SATAN BABIES THEY EXPECT ME TO DO EVERYTHING AND DONT RESPOND TO MY PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE STICKY NOTES I LEAVE EVERYWHERE WHY DONT OTHER EARLY 20S MALE BACHELORS HAVE THE SAME STUCK UP STICK-UP-MY-ASS HIGH EXPECTATIONS AS ME!?!?!?"
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Jun 10, 2013,
Quote by snipelfritz
I didn't read the OP, but I assume it was something akin to "OMG IM SO PERFECT AND MY ROOMMATES ARE SPOILED LITTLE SATAN BABIES THEY EXPECT ME TO DO EVERYTHING AND DONT RESPOND TO MY PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE STICKY NOTES I LEAVE EVERYWHERE WHY DONT OTHER EARLY 20S MALE BACHELORS HAVE THE SAME STUCK UP STICK-UP-MY-ASS HIGH EXPECTATIONS AS ME!?!?!?"

That is strangely accurate. The only difference is that i don't leave the notes everywhere, i just leave it on their bedroom door.
WHOMP

Quote by JackalUK

This.

In the first year accommodation in uni, my flatmates drank vodka like it was water. They would destroy everything in the flat that wasn't under lock and key. They also had water fights in the hallway with glass cups every week.

On one of those weeks, I opened my door to see what the hell was going on when a glass smashed on my door. I opened the door to be welcomed by my asshole flatmate who threw a whole glass of beer at me, went past me and shattered on my guitar. The electronics were ruined. I left that shithole for good 2 days later after the asshole gave me £200 to repair the damage.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 10, 2013,
Pay your share if the bills.

Don't ****ing crank the ancient baseboard heaters in winter when there's a woodburning fireplace not being used for some reason and then leave the front door open for 20 minutes while you're outside having a smoke.

Don't mess up the bathroom. Sanitary practices are what I'm talking about. I could care less if you have like 8 bottles of shampoo taking up space in the shower and your 6 towels on the rack, just keep things clean. I'll keep my towel in my room anyways to avoid confusion. That whole dirtiness behind the toilet, I don't have none of that. Or taking a dump and then FORGETTING TO FLUSH. That's ****ing repulsive and grounds for public execution via snoo-snoo.

Don't leave your damp laundry sitting in the washing machine for a week. It smells like farts after a while and it's ****ing unsanitary. Plus it's disturbing to know that you're just gonna air dry those clothes and wear them. Don't be surprised when you get pink mold under your armpits you dirty billy.

Don't steal my food. I don't care if you take a little food here and there, as long as you ask me first. But don't just muck my milk when I'm gone for the weekend and then devour my steak that I left in the freezer to eat when I get back. If it's necessary, I will label my food so you don't eat it.

Shut the **** up about the little holes in the wall that happen when we all get together and get shitfaced and thrown knives at the walls. And it's MY world map we're throwing the knives at while trying to hit North Korea or Afghanistan or China. I don't know why you freak out, I paid for the world map you dunce. And also, it's ****ing drywall, I'll fix it when we leave this place and it'll take me 15 minutes and a 6$ tub of CGC plaster and you can sit on your ass and watch tv because you're so useless at being a handyman it hurts my brain. We all get drunk together, we all do stupid shit, it's nobody's fault, relax. No one is throwing flaming couches out the window (yet) or driving motorcycles up the stairs (yet). And the metal ceiling fan is just fine. It's made of metal, it's not gonna spontaneously explode or anything while we play drunken chicken throwing knives at it. You can't even tell we've abused that poor slut so many times.

And **** the neighbors. The ****ing guy upstairs blasts that wannabe-ghetto hip hop music and practices his dancing and you can hear him stomping all day long. So no one can say shit to us. This guy is enemy number one when it comes to noise complaints. And no, the cops aren't just gonna show up every time we're too loud and take us away to camp 14 in North Korea. The worst we get is a warning if he doesn't believe us blaming it on Vanilla Ice upstairs. And no, they can't even enter the place because we're all of age, and he would never have a reason to do so. So relax, they're not gonna find your weed you ****ing useless hippie. They might find it when you're smoking it on the front porch like a dumbass though. All in all, just ****ing chill, quite thinking there's cops everywhere waiting to take us all to jail or some other unrealistic hyper-paranoid shit.