Hey Guys,

I'm gonna be buying my first Marshall soon and it's gonna be either a DSL401 or JCM800 4010.

I know the 4010 is a desirable amp but I've found a few for sale but I just want to know what's a good price for one?

There's one for £550, one for £800 and another for £1200 (but it's modded even with it's own fan on back panel). Obivously the £550 is looking to be the best (I'm not sure if it's still available but it's still advertised).

Also the DSL401 seem to be floating around the £300 mark (I've seen one for £250 but it went fast and others are £350+).

Are these prices good or are they expensive?

Cheers
Have you tried searching for completed listings on ebay?

You'll be able to see what they actually sold for rather than what people try advertising them at.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
^ yeah search completed listings. with something pretty famous like marshall you should get enough hits to tell you at least something. different if you're looking at something obscure, it's of limited use then.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, Preloved & Gumtree only show the prices people ask for things, not the prices people are actually prepared to pay.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Yeah, Preloved & Gumtree only show the prices people ask for things, not the prices people are actually prepared to pay.

Yeah I know, I just wanted to know what people see as reasonable price for either of those amps. On ebay I've just seen some DSL401 at buy now prices of £500 - £650 and there's a couple of JCM800 4010 for under £500 so I'm just gonna hold out for a JCM800.

Some of the prices people ask are ridiculous.
yeah definitely, that's why it pays to check completed listings. You frequently see people asking more than you get stuff for new because "but I paid more for mine!"

No one cares but you. The current going rate new is what affects used prices (plus supply and demand), not what you paid.

That being said, I've seen used things on ebay go for more than new prices, too, so even the completed listings aren't foolproof
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I doubt they would be but if I cn get my hands on a JCM800 4010 (regardless of vertical input) for under £600 I'd be happy. 50 watts of pure Marshall is so worth the wait
I picked up my jcm-800 1982 for a steal of a price at £500.

On ebay they go between £600 and £1000

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band