so if your routed for a floyd rose of course your gonna have a massive hole in the middle of the guitar so you can't really have a neck through because of the wood taken away.so the only types of neck you could do are bolt on and set neck right?correct me if im wrong i was just curious about that.cheers
Wrong. There are many guitars that use a neck through design. Ibanez has the RGT series off the top of my head. I know that there are many other guitar companies that have neck through designs with a floyd trem. Google is your friend.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Wrong.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
yes i know that i own a (bc rich moking birdfloyd rose with neckthrough) but looking in the trem cavity it looks like they routed through the neck to fit the hardware so the neck is in two pieces
Quote by Ibanez016
yes i know that i own a (bc rich moking birdfloyd rose with neckthrough) but looking in the trem cavity it looks like they routed through the neck to fit the hardware so the neck is in two pieces
The guitar is built first, then routed. The neck still travels the length of the body, but it just happens to get a hole carved in it along the way. It's still a neck through guitar because there is no neck joint, it is part of the body.
Think of it this way:

1 solid plank of wood (the neck wood) down the middle
2 planks of wood glued on either side are the body wood.

Here's a video of how it's done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rxc67NDaA4
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
yep my alexi-600 is neckthrough and floyd in fact the finish is so cheap you can see where the neck and body are glued haha
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)