Hey guys I'm gonna buy my 2nd guitar (first one was ibanez) and i'm a huge fan of Fender
here is some info about me
My favourite genres are Blues Rock,Blues, Psychedelic Rock, Classical Rock, Alternative rock
and a little (pretty little) bit of Progressive Metal
Favourite Musicians & Groups : Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Eric Clapton (fav. guitarist)
i looked for Fender Stratocaster 60's Lacquer i liked it . It is perfect for blues but i really enjoy Led Zep riff's and it's not good for led zep riff's . So if you know something pls share your information i would really appreciate it. Thank you guys
That's very specific.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Can you go to $1737?
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Mephaphil yes i can
And ExDementia nice deluxe strats is starting from 2000 $ and i havent got that much :-/
One of my friend suggested H-S-S but im not sure about it
What do you think ablut H-S-S ?
And any other suggestion different than deluxe strat ??
For that budget you should be able to find a Clapton or Gilmour strat, or buy a MIA strat and throw in a loaded pick guard with either set of pups. Early Zep was on a Tele so you should get close with a SC strat; if you're looking for the Gibson Zep tone you'll need a PAF in the bridge, coil split so you can still get the SC tones. I picked up a MIA strat for about $800 new which leaves plenty of mod room with your budget. Figure on about $300 for a loaded pick guard and $50-100 more if you want wiring/switch mods done and you aren't doing it yourself.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
dkunick can you give me more info about gilmour strats ?
Some people say gilmour strats is good but uncomfortable is it true
Quote by alperoman12
Mephaphil yes i can
And ExDementia nice deluxe strats is starting from 2000 $ and i havent got that much :-/
One of my friend suggested H-S-S but im not sure about it
What do you think ablut H-S-S ?
And any other suggestion different than deluxe strat ??
Where are you from? Here in the U.S. they are $1,600-$1,700.

So if not a Deluxe, and American Standard should be well within your range.
If you can go to $1738 I think I might have the guitar for you.

Can you go to $1738?
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by alperoman12
dkunick can you give me more info about gilmour strats ?
Some people say gilmour strats is good but uncomfortable is it true

I've not played any Gilmour styled strats myself, just threw that out there since you listed Floyd as a fave. Any of the signature strats are going to have peculiarities like neck profile that some will find comfortable and others won't. Best to try before you buy, or just go with the standard MIA strat profile if unsure...you can always upgrade the neck with a different type later if you find it lacking. Other than the neck I can't think of anything else that would be all that different on any other strat. Other than the electronics/pups of course, and wood/fingerboard choice.

Edit: If you're really after Gilmour's tone and on a budget, get the MIA strat in the color/wood you like then install an EMG pre-wired pick guard. Super easy.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EMGDG20?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=COzvhszV2rcCFWVo7Aod-gwASg
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Last edited by dkunick at Jun 10, 2013,
ExDementia Im using converter and i can go for that guitar but im not sure about it
dkunick actually im after for a Clapton tone any suggestion ??
A good HSS* Strat or Strat-type guitar from a reputable builder** should get you a good portion of the tones you want. But it won't get you all the way there.

If you haven't got one already, you probably want to get a good tube amp that can deliver quality cleans- Vox, Fender, Peavey, etc.- and a few select pedals.

I'm not a gear guru, but I do have some good stuff. Among them is the Boss RT-20 Rotary pedal, which can do a really good approximation of agilmour's use of Leslie rotary cabs.

Here's a guy demonstrating this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrXsrPAFIc&sns=em

If you want some Led Zep tones, a little classic distortion & fuzz would be a good idea. Almost any decent pedals will do. Don't max out like modern metalheads do, but instead, use them sparingly to add just a hint of seasoning to your tone.

* assuming you get the right kind of pickups- classic, clean voicing, not the harder edged stuff.

** besides Fender, there's G&L, Godin, Fret-King, Fernandes, Carvin, US Masters, DZPL and many, many more. My guess is, though, that Fender is one of the few you can find easily where you are.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 11, 2013,
Quote by Mephaphil
If you can go to $1738 I think I might have the guitar for you.

Can you go to $1738?

Stop being a dick.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Last edited by Volcz at Jun 11, 2013,
Quote by Volcz
Stop being a dick.

Whhhhhat? I've two guitars similarly priced and I need to work out the OPs specific budget.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by alperoman12
ExDementia Im using converter and i can go for that guitar but im not sure about it
dkunick actually im after for a Clapton tone any suggestion ??

Any pick guard with Lace Sensor Gold pups I guess...there are some mid boost mods and whatnot.

Here's one provider http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9zGSLt7T5s

Also, this: http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2010/Dec/The_Fender_Eric_Clapton_Active_Mid_Boost.aspx

A quick internet search finds this stuff btw...if you can get to this forum you find your dream strat specs. Search, "Eric Clapton Stratocaster" and research away.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Last edited by dkunick at Jun 11, 2013,
thank you guys