So happy graduation to me (and welcome back as this is my 2nd post in about a year), bought a new guitar to further my education. Just like anyone would do, right?! Actually got this guitar a week or so ago, but without further ado, PICTURES!!!

Oooo big 70's headstock...

One piece neck and fretboard?!

Is it... is this it...?

YES! (Kinda cool HDR photo, brings out the finish)

Introducing my fourth guitar purchase, a Fender Telecaster Deluxe '72 Reissue!

Plays like a dream. This guitar feels so much better than my Schecter C-1 Artist II, I can't even believe it. Overall, the tone is much brighter and thinner, but I like that a lot more. It jangles and sounds smoother than my Schecter. I find that the JB/'59 combo are great, but a little too punchy for what I like to play these days. Even though the output on Fender Wide Range pickups is definitely a little less than the JB/'59 combo, they take gain quite nicely.

I love the walnut finish over the boring black and three tone sunburst. It's a relatively translucent finish, although there's not much wood grain to look at. Doesn't quite beat the red finished quilted maple top that my Schecter has, but it's simple and quite gorgeous.

The standard Fender C-shaped neck is pretty wonderful. Fits in my hand very comfortably. I would say that the profile remains much more rounded and thickness is pretty uniform in comparison to the Schecter neck. I'm not entirely sure why, but this guitar feels more comfortable to me wearing it lower than I would my Schecter.

I enjoy the two volume and two tone knobs over the one volume and one tone knob on my Schecter. Three way pickup switch versus five (two and four coil split) works fine by me. Pretty distinct tones between the bridge and neck pickup. The neck pickup doesn't muddy up a bit like the '59 does.

I thought I'd never buy a Fender guitar, let alone a Telecaster, but damn, what a great purchase!
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jun 10, 2013,
I like my Tele and it looks like you got a nice one, too. Congrats on graduating and the new axe!
Always fancied myself one of those. Happy NGD! She's a beauty!
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
HNGD, always loved how these look.

Nice chunky necks on these as well.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
HNGD

I just think the big strat headstock looks weird in a tele
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I love the walnut finish... It's a relatively translucent finish, although there's not much wood grain to look at. Doesn't quite beat the red finished quilted maple top that my Schecter has.

oh yes it does.

HNGD beautiful tele dlx.