I haven't exactly felt the best about myself lately. I don't really know what's going on. I guess in middle school back in 2008 I was socially uneducated, and was completely unaware that some of the things I said/did were socially unacceptable. I was a huge asshole, and I am utterly disgusted by the kind of person I was back then. I would even go as far as saying I wasn't "all there".

But since 2009 started, I feel like I became normal, and haven't done anything completely dickish or embarrassing since. I feel like I'm a decently normal person now. But recently the memories of asshole things I've said/did are coming back to my mind and for some reason I can't stop obsessing over them, and it's literally making me hate myself. I feel like a bad person, even though I have completely changed since then.

Should things that I did years ago in middle school still be affecting my way of thinking now?
Don't let them bother you. You learned from your mistakes, now move on.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by angusfan16
call everyone and apologize now

yup, take a play from the Billy Madison playbook. One of the guys might save your life by shooting a guy trying to kill you at a school assembly
Depends. But generally you should try to concentrate on what's happening now. The person you were in the past doesn't exist any more, so it shouldn't be important.
It's happened. Not much you can do about it, you are a completely different person now, so you should be thankful for that. I acted like an ass around that time too (i was 17-18), but at the time it seemed justified, plus i had some really good times too. Now i'm thankful that i'm more mature, and i like to think if i was put into similar situations as i was back then, i would act completely differently.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
It's a difficult lesson to learn, especially the hard way. But it's an important warning for the future. When you hurt someone, they will heal. You are the one who has to live with the regret/embarrassment. I'm fairly certain the people I've hurt are over it/over me/perhaps don't remember me. But it always sticks with me. In that way anger/malice/indifference all ultimately punish themselves. If you stop calling your brother and he dies, he doesn't care. He's dead. It's your burden to shoulder. Something to think about when you're considering being rude, mean or standoffish.

In my experience, all you can really do is not do anything else from this point forward. Don't worry about the past because it's gone. You can't control it anymore. It's unreasonable to worry about something you can't control. Life is flux. You're not the same person, this isn't the same world it was then. Just let it go. Whenever it pops into your head, just go out of your way to do something nice for someone. Instant penance. Let that take your mind off of it.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jun 10, 2013,
Symptom of being young. One day you will wake up & realize it's not worth being upset over.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Don't worry, in middleschool I would wear ******ed tight pants and walk around with a boner all the time.

I don't know why.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I think it's normal to hate your middleschool self. I certainly did. Pretty sure the best thing to do is to move on and make it clear you're a different person now, to yourself and the people who knew you then.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Just learn to forgive yourself. No one you wronged probably remembers anything you did. Plus people you know in middle school/high school will not be in your life for long. I'm 22 and unless I go up north to visit some old friends, I never see or hear too much from the rest of the people from my class. All in all, don't worry too much about it cause the others aren't and haven't since it happened around 2008.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Last edited by guitarist5477 at Jun 11, 2013,