I know there's probably a hundred or so similar threads, but which guitar head would you recommend for a small hardcore/metal band guitarist? Preferably below £300 ($470). Is a head even the best option, or should I look for a combo? Thanks for any help!
do you have a cabinet? if not what is the budget for the head and cab?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah i mean they hold their own against amps double the price. triple the price, really. I wouldn't take one over a real soldano or something similarly badass like that, but until you get up to those truly badass amps they more than hold their own.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
But does TS have a cab?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Bugera stuff, if you want to take the risk of having it serviced right after you bought it.

333/333XL, copy of the ENGL e530, but in a guitar head
6260/6262, copy of the Peavey 6505/6505+
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by joes18
Thanks for the feedback, I don't have a cab though

Get the jet city JCA50 davemc linked and look at their Harley Benton G2x12 cab it is 103GBP and you will have a solid rig
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ yeah. or get the one with v30s if you can stretch.

Quote by Spambot_2
Bugera stuff, if you want to take the risk of having it serviced right after you bought it.

333/333XL, copy of the ENGL e530, but in a guitar head
6260/6262, copy of the Peavey 6505/6505+

the 333 and xl are copies of the peavey xxx and jsx, far as i'm aware.

Quote by joes18
Thanks for the feedback, I don't have a cab though

you asked what was the best sub-£300 head, which i listed, lol. i didn't know you needed a cab.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah. or get the one with v30s if you can stretch.

the 333 and xl are copies of the peavey xxx and jsx, far as i'm aware.

you asked what was the best sub-£300 head, which i listed, lol. i didn't know you needed a cab.

Yeah the 333 is a XXX/3120 clone and the 333xl is the JSX/XXX II clone. I have a 333 head and I have been pretty lucky with reliability, but the QC issues are a very true concern. I do think the 333 sounds better than the XXX

Bugera does not make a Engl clone (yet )
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Awww damn, sorry 'bout the 333 thing :P
Anyway, +1 for the Harley Benton 212, or 212 Vintage if you can put enough money together.

For £300 you could also get yourself the Harley Benton 212 vintage together with an orange micro terror.
Though, that'll require some boost to give you a convincing metal tone.
I guess you can find videos on youtube on how to do that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^ i'd probably skimp on the cabinet (it's the same cabinet, just the speakers are different) on the basis that you could always get better speakers later when you've saved up more.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah the jet city would be perfect... coincidently im selling one... PM me!

Sounds great with the harley benton cab; solid gig rig mate, you cant go wrong