So a friend offered me an Ibanez Roadstar series II RS525, he's asking 200$, here is a picture : imgur.com/68h4nPb

Otherwise another friend offered my an almost new FENDER SQUIRE STRAT with amp for 60$

I'm a beginner with guitars and I was wondering if I should invest the 200$ or stick with the 60$. My budget is tight but if It's a worthy investment, I'm ready to spend the extra dough. Can anyone give me advice on this? Any other models/place I should look into buying a guitar?
That Ibanez is much much much better than any Squier.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Absolutely worth the extra $140. Like... Let me put it this way. That Ibanez is an old version of an Ibanez Prestige (aka $1000+ guitars). Grab it, and if you don't like it flip it for more money.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Agreed... Get the Roadstar

Even though "I" don't like them much... The Road Star is Leaps and bounds better than a Squier... Honestly, a Squier is only one step above a Frist Act guitar from Walmart... in fact, I believe Fender has their own First Act equivalent called the StarCaster... I really think the only difference is that the fret edges are filed a little bit better... maybe.
PRS SE Santana - Santana III Bass/Treble
ESP LTD EC400vf - Gibson Zebra 496R/500T
AXL Badwater SRO - GFS OW Liverpool, SD Duckbucker, SD JB
Mitchell Acoustic MD100SCE
Peavey Vypyr 100