Couldn't decide what section this would go in, so hope this is right. So, I am supposed to play guitar for my violin teacher tomorrow(have no idea why she wants to hear me play guitar). And I noticed something weird while practicing.

I thought it was just the chords I was using for Zombie by the Cranberries(D/F# instead of just D). But I heard it on other chords too and it got annoying enough for me to put down the guitar... Wait, just realized I forgot to tell the weird sound. It is a twany or twingy sound(how my mom said it sounded). I have no idea why it would sound like that. I'm using a fender telecoustic. Any ideas? Sorry for my horrible typing, really tired and my room is very dark at the moment.
There's no such thing as an annoying/weird/bad sound on your guitar. Only untapped potential.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Maybe it's not a string.

Maybe it's a snake.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by matthewzguitarz
Couldn't decide what section this would go in, so hope this is right. So, I am supposed to play guitar for my violin teacher tomorrow(have no idea why she wants to hear me play guitar). And I noticed something weird while practicing.

I thought it was just the chords I was using for Zombie by the Cranberries(D/F# instead of just D). But I heard it on other chords too and it got annoying enough for me to put down the guitar... Wait, just realized I forgot to tell the weird sound. It is a twany or twingy sound(how my mom said it sounded). I have no idea why it would sound like that. I'm using a fender telecoustic. Any ideas? Sorry for my horrible typing, really tired and my room is very dark at the moment.

Sounds like fret buzz. Also, don't ask legitimate questions in The Pit. The snake answer is just the tip of the iceberg.
Quote by intwernet
The Pit is ALWAYS the wrong section.

Indeed it is.

And for your ignorance, TS, I get to say this and get away with it. Ahem:

What you really need...
is a new amp.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Dude, is it a twing, a twane or a twang? This is all very crucial.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Maybe your low E is just slightly depressed.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Is it like a buzzing sound? Take it to where you bought it because most stores fix problems like that for free. If you bought the guitar online, go to a guitar place in your town and they'll fix it up for you with a like $5-10 fee.
Have you tried turning your guitar off and on again?
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by TheTee56
Maybe it's not a string.

Maybe it's a snake.

Maybe it's not a snake.

Maybe it's a bison's penis.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Maybe it's not a snake.

Maybe it's a bison's penis.

Let's not get carried away.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.