Page 1 of 3
Closest I found was musical pet peeves, which was kind of narrow in definition, so let's expand it!

So, what's yours?

I'll put a disclaimer here because I recognize this: I probably sound quite condescending here, but that's quite difficult to avoid when you're ranting like the bitch you are. I would, however, like to assure you that I am a hoot to hang out with.

Language-wise, I tend to be pretty anal about things, not because I have OCD or anything, but it's just that it's so easy to find somebody who don't do what they do that you'd think they would have caught on by now. I have my fair share of mistakes in this aspect (such as never being able to remember how to spell "necessary"), but I try my best to correct them and even Google it if I'm doubtful.

1) When people use apostrophes after a plural

2) When people mix up "you're" and "your"

3) When people spell "definitely" as "definately" or in some other horrendous way

4) When people put a space between the last word and the period. I recently posted in another thread about periods and stuff, and it seems like it only happens in my region.

5) When people use past tense incorrectly. Again, this seems to be a regional thing. A lot of the websites with communities largely based around my region contain so much Engrish it's astounding.

Otherwise:
5) When people ask me, "Isn't metal satanic?"

6) When people on the internet derail a discussion and go into tangential insulting remarks. I frequent this site called Listverse that has literally thousands on "Top 10"-style lists, and they're usually quite interesting, since they relate to subjects spanning from sciences to pop culture to the scary, but the comments on that website make my eyes bleed. I just read an article about time travel, and almost all of the comments involved some form of flaming due to some perceived bias or whatever. It's like these guys get off of doing this.

7) When people try something, find it's not as easy as they think, and just give up. I had to put up with a lot of these people in my college where people just don't really know what "keep trying" means. These people are great friends (well, most of them anyway), but damn if they even have a smidgen of tenacity in them.

8) When people speculate on and on about something that hasn't been released yet. This was the case with the latest Devil May Cry game. For those not in the know, Capcom remade the franchise and changed the protagonist to what can only be described as a punk. A bunch of fans weren't happy with this, so they started going onto forums and news articles about the game to chastise it. For something that's easier to relate to, this happens a fair bit with musical releases too.

9) How widespread the obsession with electronic beats in pop music is. I like me some pop music, but nowadays it's hard to find a song that doesn't involve some form of rapping, or some synth wankery. I don't have anything against electronic music or rap and its related genres, but it grates on you a little.

10) How obnoxious some people can get on the internet simply because the internet offers the anonymity otherwise not present in real life. These are the people who will do something just because they can.

11) When a person who only listens to music a lot says "music is my life"
Last edited by triface at Jun 11, 2013,
"Pacifically" instead of "Specifically"
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
People who are willing to get emotional and aggressive over something, but aren't willing to put in a little effort to understand it.
Loose in place of Lose and the other way around, also I hate it when you have earbuds in and something causes them to get ripped out of your ears.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
-People who exploit tragedies to make themselves look like a better person, or if someone does something for a good cause, but with underhanded motives. An example of this would be the Doug Stanhope Atheist donation; the money was going to a good cause (maybe a little unwise in how it was spent), but it seemed to me like it was an attempt to take the high ground, whilst being immune to being called out on it, as it was for charity*.

-Kind of related, but not so much, it pisses me off when a photo is spread around facebook, and the caption takes it completely out of context; i remember a little while ago, someone posted a picture of a car crash or something, and i think i knew the original story behind it, but the caption had some cutesy copypasta about a couple texting or something, which was absolutely not what happened. It kind of pissed me off because it was cheapening the fact that real people died in the photo.

*I don't want to derail the thread with the atheist thing, if you want to know more about it, see the original thread.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by triface
This seems awfully appropriate.

Pffft he clearly is referring to the bad feelings that the person is experiencing when talking about talking about the bad affect.
Squeezing toothpaste from the middle

Sticking your gum to your plate when we're eating
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
1. The grammar thing, seriously. What annoys me more is when people are proud of their ignorance.

2. People who don't put their headlights on during the day when it's raining.

3. When someone's shirt tag is hanging out, really bothers me, I have no clue why.

4. People who feel the need to tell everyone how saddened they are about tragedies, but don't actually do something about it. A girl I know actually yelled at me on Twitter when the OK tornadoes hit saying "How can you talk about anything else at a time like this, do you have no heart?" I personally donated what I could spare, which ended up being $100. She spent the day hash-tagging "prayforoklahoma" and claiming she can't spare any money to these people or she would. She posted photos of her drunk at a bar with her friends the next night.

5. All the feel-good catch phrases we use in light of tragedies (at least, that us Americans use). ______ STRONG! PRAY FOR ________! I'm not against people reacting to these events, but people get all self-righteous when they start using these (see #4) and really for no reason. I want to see people start taking action more, instead of just repeating the trend phrases they hear on the news. Instead of saying "BOSTON STRONG" 1,000 times a day when you live in North Dakota, how about sending flowers to one of the victims? And I'm sorry, religious or not, you and I both know saying "Pray for Oklahoma" 1 billion times isn't re-building anyone's houses or lives. People lost everything down there, you giving them $5 may not re-build their house, but it can get them a new shirt that they probably need.
people who are intolerant to intolerance
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by MadClownDisease
Here's mine.

...oh sorry, I thought you said "Pet Jeeves"

uuugggghhhh
Quote by HardRock369
1. The grammar thing, seriously. What annoys me more is when people are proud of their ignorance.

"screw u. tis is da intrenet. ill talk howeva i wan. screw u grammar nazzi."

I have seen that more often than I'd like

Quote by HardRock369

4. People who feel the need to tell everyone how saddened they are about tragedies, but don't actually do something about it. A girl I know actually yelled at me on Twitter when the OK tornadoes hit saying "How can you talk about anything else at a time like this, do you have no heart?" I personally donated what I could spare, which ended up being $100. She spent the day hash-tagging "prayforoklahoma" and claiming she can't spare any money to these people or she would. She posted photos of her drunk at a bar with her friends the next night.

Oh this so much. Either do something tangible or don't.
1. I'm annoyed at how much of my life I waste procrastinating. I could have started several businesses, learned a few languages/instruments, done all kinds of cool things and be in great shape if it wasn't for places like UG, Youtube, Cracked, and TV.

I would list more but I just realized that I have better things to do.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
When a girl's tongue ring gets stuck to my **** ring.

Or when my tongue ring gets stuck to her clit ring.
When people have long lists of pet peeves.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
I hate when TS's don't use the searchbar for threads that are made once a month.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
people who stand on the wrong side of the escalator so no one can get around them. or people who stand on the right side but get offended if you brush past them when you walk by. also when tourists walk really slow. yeah, it's great you're on vacation but I'm not so don't stand around in the middle of the sidewalk to instagram your photos. there are benches on the side every 10 feet for a reason. also I can't believe how rude and uncaring tourists can be in stores. I hope it's not just them but I've never seen a local blatantly ignore a greeting, toss clothes on the floor because they suddenly decided they don't want to buy them, barge into fitting rooms with 20 different outfits, try clothes on outside of the fitting rooms, mess with the lights/decor, harass cashiers, etc. unfortunately it's made me a bit judgmental of people from certain countries who I have noticed are more likely to behave that way.
cat
Quote by LeakyFlask
People do this?

I've heard it but it's usually a person getting tongue tied than not knowing the difference.

Quote by soundgarden1986
You grammar Nazi people are more annoying than the people that don't type with 100% efficiency all the time.

This

No one ****ing cares when someone spells something wrong irl but once it's on a massage board all hell breaks loose.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jun 11, 2013,
Quote by soundgarden1986
You grammar Nazi people are more annoying than the people that don't type with 100% efficiency all the time.

Yeah, this.

In particular when people are so pedantic about ones that just sound more unnatural in the "correct" way.

"So me and Peter went..."

"OH! I think you mean "Peter and I"..."

"No, I mean me and Peter. Now shut the **** up and let me tell my story."

(no, I don't actually have a friend called Peter)

EDIT: Actually, yes I do. But I call him Pete.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Jun 11, 2013,
Quote by WCPhils
No one ****ing cares when someone spells something wrong irl but once it's on a massage board all hell breaks loose.

If you're using the wrong you're/your they're/their/there and you're older than 13, it doesn't matter if it's 'irl' or on a message board, it looks really sad.

Worst part is these are probably the same people who go and say "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH, THIS IS AMERICA!" yet they can't even use the language that they're so proud of correctly.
Quote by HardRock369
If you're using the wrong you're/your they're/their/there and you're older than 13, it doesn't matter if it's 'irl' or on a message board, it looks really sad.

Representing 13 year olds, we do not use the wrong there/their/they're, well at least the 13 year olds that play guitar don't.
Quote by ehbacon
Representing 13 year olds, we do not use the wrong there/their/they're, well at least the 13 year olds that play guitar don't.

I meant it as once you're 13, you no longer have an excuse to mix those up anymore, cause you're almost/are already in high school.
Quote by HardRock369

Worst part is these are probably the same people who go and say "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH, THIS IS AMERICA!" yet they can't even use the language that they're so proud of correctly.

No it isn't. If I give a report to someone to read through/proofread and they say "oh, you accidentally put the wrong 'there' is this sentence," I go "oops, I'll fix it."

Happens on the internet and everyone loses their shit

You look like a ****ing nutcase

And it's even stupider on the internet where a lot of people using English aren't using their native language.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jun 11, 2013,
Quote by ehbacon

You're just wrong.

Harping on grammar and spelling all the time is pointless. English doesn't make a lot of sense and not everyone cares. Obviously everyone should have a proficiency but mistakes happen. There will always be someone who can show you a rule you don't follow. It's better to accept that some people won't always get it than bitch about it constantly. That stuff really bothers me too but that's kind of what I'm studying.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by WCPhils
No it isn't. If I give a report to someone to read through/proofread and they say "oh, you accidentally put the wrong 'there' is this sentence," I go "oops, I'll fix it."

Happens on the internet and everyone loses their shit

You look like a ****ing nutcase

And it's even stupider on the internet where a lot of people using English aren't using their native language.

Trust me, when you get a real job, and you hand a report in with the wrong 'there' used throughout, it does matter. It looks really bad when you're handing things to your boss, or even worse to someone who is thinking of doing business with you, and you don't have a handle on the kind of English they teach you in 3rd grade, people start to re-think trusting you to handle things of that nature anymore.

But you're right, I'm a nutcase for thinking proper English is important. **** it, l3t$ @11 t@lk lyke dis, y0u'r3 t3@ch3rs w3r3 l0s3rs n 3 w@y
On grammar, how about mixing up 'of' and 'have'?

E.g. "I should of gone out last night."

My friend got into med school and does this all the time >_<
Page 1 of 3