So I work the night shift and I'm all alone all the time. To counter this I listen to music or other things. For 8 hours straight.

So what are some good ones?

As far as music I think I'm covered (always like recommendations, though. I'm liking RHCP at the moment. Newer RHCP)

I've already got all of George Carlin and Louis CK, which I've listened to over and over and over. Seriously all their material probably atleast 5 listens each. At the very least.

Books would be nice, too!
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Tim Minchin

Think Peter Kay has some audio out... not sure though
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Cianyx
Do you like podcasts?

Don't you have to watch those? Unfortunately my job is more physical labour, so I can only have headphones in and listen
Quote by slash_GNR666
Tim Minchin

Think Peter Kay has some audio out... not sure though

It doesn't matter if it has video, as long as it's not too needed. I mean if it's talk show you need video, but most regular stand up really doesn't. I can convert it to audio.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Last edited by naedauuf at Jun 11, 2013,
Nah, podcasts, to my knowledge, are mostly audio only. Have you heard of GiantBomb? Couple of really funny, game reviewing, veteran dudes talk about stuff. They also work really close to the industry so you get some really insightful opinions.

I also listen to My Brother, My Brother and Me. Bunch of brothers that give advice to yahoo answers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzagQwQgou4

As well as Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and Common Sense. Smart guy who talks about smart stuff in a really simple way.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
All the podcasts I have ever known have been audio for the most part. If they have any video, it's just the casters sitting in a studio anyway, kind of useless if you ask me.
One of the best produced audiobooks I've ever heard was World War Z, which was recently released in an unabridged form as an audiobook.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Most of the Discworld series is available as Audiobook, so get stuck in youth!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Lewis Black is a personal favorite of mine, and I'm not really into the whole redneck comedy thing, but Ron White is actually really funny (of course this is all personal opinion). Bill Burr has some funny stuff, of course there's good ol' Bill Hicks. If you've never heard it, try Eddie Murphy's old stand up "Raw" and/or "Delirious" to be specific. You know, back when he was still actually funny, not just in a fat suit.
That "My Brother, My Brother and Me" is hilarious. Downloaded the newest 10 episodes - thanks for that one!

Also downloaded World War Z audio book. That takes care of me for a few days of work, still have to look into all the other stuff you guys posted, thanks a ton, yall!
Quote by MetalGS3SE

I have no recommendations but I have a question. How does anyone actually manage to absorb anything from podcasts or audio books while working? I used to listen to music while I work but on rare occasions it's like, "Wait, where the fuck was the solo?" I'd probably spend most of my time rewinding to hear something I missed.
Quote by triface
I have no recommendations but I have a question. How does anyone actually manage to absorb anything from podcasts or audio books while working? I used to listen to music while I work but on rare occasions it's like, "Wait, where the fuck was the solo?" I'd probably spend most of my time rewinding to hear something I missed.

Depends. If I'm doing work where I have to think then I just put on music as a background noise (the intercom radio is all pop shit like Bieber, Alicia Keys, stuff like that). Most of my job is mindless labour so it's easy to focus on the audio while going into auto pilot physically, but sometimes I have to do paperwork so I jsut put on some random music. Depends on your work. A desk-type job I couldn't do it probably, unless it was some monotonous stuff like data entry or something.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Get the older Audio Ricky Gervais Podcasts. Though they are now Audio Books.

They are all audio and very very funny.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Bill Bailey
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast,
Anything with Hannibal Buress, Louis CK, Aziz Ansari and Brian Regan
Check out my YouTube Videos
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/callamanster
Mitch Hedberg, very funny.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by LarsHamfield
Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast

yes
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by naedauuf
That "My Brother, My Brother and Me" is hilarious. Downloaded the newest 10 episodes - thanks for that one!

Also downloaded World War Z audio book. That takes care of me for a few days of work, still have to look into all the other stuff you guys posted, thanks a ton, yall!

good, it's a great book. audible.com has some free audio books I think. The Book of Lost things is cool as **** if there's an audio book of it. Terry Pratchett has awesome books that are really funny.

Heart of Darkness would be awesome as an audio book.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by naedauuf
Depends. If I'm doing work where I have to think then I just put on music as a background noise (the intercom radio is all pop shit like Bieber, Alicia Keys, stuff like that). Most of my job is mindless labour so it's easy to focus on the audio while going into auto pilot physically, but sometimes I have to do paperwork so I jsut put on some random music. Depends on your work. A desk-type job I couldn't do it probably, unless it was some monotonous stuff like data entry or something.

Oh, I guess you're right. The only time that happened was when I was at a desk job doing things that required some form of thinking and reasoning.

I feel so stupid now.
Improv4Humans, pal. Recent episode with Amy Poehler is a good place to start.
Rory Scovel
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Pete Holme's "You Made It Weird" podcast. Bill Burr's Monday Morning podcast. Adam Cayton Holland's "My Dining Room Table" podcast. Todd Glass's "The Todd Glass Show" podcast, "WTF with Marc Maron".

Anything by Bill Burr, Louis CK, Ben Roy, Adam Cayton-Holland, David Cross, Eddie Izzard, Andrew Orvedhall, Todd Glass, George Carlin, or Richard Pryor.
Quote by SecondCivilWar
Eddie Izzard

I was just about to ask how he hasn't been mentioned yet.

Dress to Kill and Definite Article are both awesome. Just remember he's in drag the whole time.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
podcasts:

doug loves movies
improv4humans
how did this get made?
the adam and dr. drew show
planet money (not funny, just interesting)

one i discovered yesterday is a monthly paul f tompkins podcast called dead authors podcast. this bit is even funnier in the context of the larger discussion, but i was about to piss myself at work i was laughing so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dXL9-ZyYTuE
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jun 12, 2013,
Quote by snipelfritz
I was just about to ask how he hasn't been mentioned yet.

Dress to Kill and Definite Article are both awesome. Just remember he's in drag the whole time.

yeah, it's great.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in