Page 1 of 2
I think it's totally ridiculous that the got 30 days, but still, it's pretty funny.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/ochocinco-butt-slap-court-room-chad-johnson-loses-19372038
Twitter's going to be boring now without him.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by WCPhils
Wait, that's why he's in jail?

he was on probation for headbutting his wife, violated it so he ended up in court, patted his attorney's ass when the judge was gonna let him get off with community service, and she was like "wtf was that? take this serious. 30 days in jail"
Judge was a bitch. She's all "stop making jokes take this seriously". It's not his fault everyone else in her courtroom were idiots that found it funny, she should hold all of them in contempt of court, not punish the dude and reverse a decision over something so trivial, benign, and meaningless. Aspects like these of the judicial system are completely ridiculous and disgusting.
So, some context for less NFL-obsessed people: The player, Chad Johnson, is there for a domestic assault charge, if I recall properly. He has a reputation for being ridiculously flamboyant, a showboater, and a joker. Which personally, I enjoyed because it was funny, but bugged a lot of people.

Ergo, I think the judge made the assumption that this was Chad being Chad the funny/obnoxious joker, especially after the crowd laughed. Being a jokester when you're about to be cleared of domestic assault is a stupid thing to do, and she took it on herself to teach him a lesson, which, in all honesty from watching him on and off the field for years, he has not and probably won't learn elsewhere.

Personally, I think Chad didn't mean any harm whatsoever by it and it's ridiculous to turn a plea into a guilty verdict over that, and I think his lawyer, if it weren't something as short as 30 days, should try and get a retrial, although I'm not sure if that's actually something that'd happen since I don't know the requirements to get a retrial. Just trying to explain why the judge did what she did I believe.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jun 11, 2013,
Wooooooooooo! You go judge! Don't let no man bring you down! I think that booty needs a firm squeezing after that ruling. Holy bajesus.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
He's an NFL player. Not handing out gratuitous butt-slaps could be regarded as suspicious behaviour

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Jun 11, 2013,
this just completely blew my mind, i can not believe that just happened. can someone please rape that bitch and slap her ass till it bleeds?
Quote by Weaponized
he was on probation for headbutting his wife, violated it so he ended up in court, patted his attorney's ass when the judge was gonna let him get off with community service, and she was like "wtf was that? take this serious. 30 days in jail"

no no no no no see how hard she tries to not laugh herself? you damn well know shes pullin the im a bitch teacher and i need to make sure i have power over people.
Let's be honest it was clearly inappropriate behaviour and he wasn't taking the whole domestic violence against his wife thing seriously, since essentially he was celebrating the light sentence of counselling and community service.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
can someone please rape that bitch and slap her ass till it bleeds?

:|
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Obvious power trip. It wasn't that big of a deal, and she was obviously just asserting her dominance. Pathetic.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
He seemed like he got on well with his lawyer. Would have been bad otherwise. Pretty big overreaction but he really shouldn't have risked it at that point.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Headbutting your wife sounds hilarious, and as far as this whole thing goes, that woman needs to a good butt slap.

EDIT: She is in a judge position and she abuses her power, hmm.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
this just completely blew my mind, i can not believe that just happened. can someone please rape that bitch and slap her ass till it bleeds?

You are literally the worst fucking person on this site. I hope you dip your head in the fryer.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

wat
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
He got warned for that post.
Quote by severed-metal
Headbutting your wife sounds hilarious, and as far as this whole thing goes, that woman needs to a good butt slap.

EDIT: She is in a judge position and she abuses her power, hmm.

How is it abusing her power? It's well within her power/right as a judge.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
How is it abusing her power? It's well within her power/right as a judge.

She wasn't basing her verdict on what happened in the case, but rather the laughter that transpired from an unrelated act. It doesn't seem reasonable to me, and why would it seem reasonable?

We don't know the intent of Mr. Johnson by any means, so on that grounds we have no basis to discuss. But from the act itself, of patting his lawyer on the posterior, it can be determined that it was simply a gesture of congratulations.

She deems it inappropriate, but that's where the debate is.

My thoughts? If you do look at his face, he didn't smile, he didn't gesture to it being a "haha this is funny" moment, it was like his way of shaking hands. I'm not saying what his intent was, I'm saying that's what his facial expression was like.
I'm in two minds over this. It doesn't seem like he means any overt disrespect by it, but he's obviously not giving the proceedings his full attention and his actions do disrupt the court.

She starts by stressing that he's got a good deal, largely due to his lawyer. He headbutted his wife and broke his bail conditions, then after he's given a fairly lenient punishment, he pats his lawyer's backside while proceedings are still going on.

It might not be what everyone thinks of when they think of 'contempt of court' but it seems to fit the general definition.

Quote by severed-metal
My thoughts? If you do look at his face, he didn't smile, he didn't gesture to it being a "haha this is funny" moment, it was like his way of shaking hands. I'm not saying what his intent was, I'm saying that's what his facial expression was like.

The judge was talking when it happened. Even if it had been a handshake it's disrespectful to not give the proceedings your full attention. Especially when you're getting a deal and the fact that it resulted in laughter was probably the straw that broke the camel's back.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Jun 11, 2013,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
The judge was talking when it happened. Even if it had been a handshake it's disrespectful to not give the proceedings your full attention. Especially when you're getting a deal and the fact that it resulted in laughter was probably the straw that broke the camel's back.

Fair enough, it was disrespectful and he was getting a good deal out of this, but was it disrespectful to the extent that she overruled her initial sentencing?

As far as I can tell, she was basing her new verdict for Mr. Johnson around the intent of his actions in the court room.
Quote by severed-metal
Fair enough, it was disrespectful and he was getting a good deal out of this, but was it disrespectful to the extent that she overruled her initial sentencing?

As far as I can tell, she was basing her new verdict for Mr. Johnson around the intent of his actions in the court room.

That's up to her.

It seems like she's going along with the deal worked out between the defence and prosecution (almost reluctantly), but there's not real obligation to do that (afaik). If she believes he's not showing the proper respect to the court she could go back to the punishment she believes is really appropriate rather than the one that the defence and prosecutors have worked out.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by blake1221
You are literally the worst fucking person on this site. I hope you dip your head in the fryer.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Wot's... Uh
"The land of the free" they say...

lol you're an idiot.

there's a HUGE scandal of the NSA tapping all of domestic america's communications, and this is what makes you try to be edgy?
Quote by blake1221
lol you're an idiot.

there's a HUGE scandal of the NSA tapping all of domestic america's communications, and this is what makes you try to be edgy?

Why did you bring that up in this thread?
Last edited by Wot's... Uh at Jun 12, 2013,
Wow. Is the lawyer really offended, or just doing it for attention/money?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
He shoulda headbutted the lawyer aka put his head in his lawyers butt.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Dreadnought
The NFL takes sexual assault very seriously

Ermmm...he's not in the NFL anymore....

Quote by Nelsean
He shoulda headbutted the lawyer aka put his head in his lawyers butt.

The picture I got from that was both absurd and disgusting...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 12, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Erm...he's not in the NFL anymore....

I don't think you can get any lamer. Seriously
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
I don't think you can get any lamer. Seriously

Meh. Maybe you should make better jokes...
Page 1 of 2