Page 1 of 2
For example: Is it the look? Taste in different hardcore bands? Keeping the faith or being actively involved in your local hardcore scene?

I personally believe that you must be dedicated and have a true love for hardcore music itself. being involved in a scene wouldn't hurt, but for me, if I see a kid who generally doesn't look like someone I would like, but has a true love for hardcore bands, then that to me is just another **** up in our brotherhood.

So what do you think?

NEVER SAID YOU HAVE TO LOOK A CERTAIN WAY
ALL I SAID WAS IF YOU LIKE HARDCORE, I LIKE YOU.
STOP BEING ASSHOLES, GET OVER YOURSELVES
AND HELP ME OUT, I'M NEW HERE.
I used the worst font imaginable to piss people off
Last edited by Cleverusername2 at Jun 13, 2013,
You're a 15 year old who likes Liferuiner and you're a tool for trying to make this out as a "brotherhood" you're a part of. Hardcore is all about acceptance and being nonjudgmental of outside appearances and differences, and that's even assuming there are requirements to being a fan of hardcore. And being active with music and DIY is a big help as well.

Either way, it's definitely not about pretentious teenagers trying to put themselves on a pedestal, especially when those teens have terrible music taste to begin with. I believe the term that fits you better is "scene kid."

EDIT: If you want to get into actual hardcore bands and stop posing and throwing judgment on others, plenty of people in this forum would be happy to help I'm sure. Just a bummer it's not nearly as active as it used to be.
Last edited by punkforlife93 at Jun 12, 2013,
You sound like a douche... Always quality of character, its not about how someone looks..
This is the stupidest thread...
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Sad thing about a lot of genres of music is a lot of fans try to look the part.
E.g. folk/indie loving hippies, tattooed & pierced punks, wet hair look rockability lookin cunts that love rockabilly.
It's all about how many patches your denim jacket has. The more patches, the more tr00 you are.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Liferuinier does infact ruin the life of anyone listening to it.

The only requirement of joining the kookkidshardkorekklub is to not be a douchebag.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Liferuiner is really massive here. Like 350+ people a show here.

Also pre-too serious for life Liferuiner was almost fun meathead mosh.
Shotty you're a ten, I wait for your drunk dials at 2:30 AM
Last edited by datskramzkid at Jun 12, 2013,
I almost feel as though the vaguely defined UG/TPS community is more "true hardcore fans" or whatever then whatever idea the OP has, since hardcore shows are essentially exclusivist cliques of guys who care more about who's wearing what, who's sleeping with who and who's repping what rather than going to a place where they can share music with like minded people. We're the true hardcore; we hang out at our computers and don't give a shit or something
Quote by BK202
lol

the hardcore scene is like the most fickle, hypocritical, vaguely connected group of assholes everrrrrrrrr.

yep.
xIxtypexlikexthisxsoxyeah
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I know i've said some stupid shit in this forum but damn......
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by Rebel Scum
Sad thing about a lot of genres of music is a lot of fans try to look the part.
E.g. folk/indie loving hippies, tattooed & pierced punks, wet hair look rockability lookin cunts that love rockabilly.

God you almost sound like more of a douche than the threadstarter.
I'm an asshole.
To be honest, I don't even really find anything about what OP said to be that bad other than some "brotherhood" concept. If you listen to hardcore music, you're a fan. Although if in 2013 you have to define yourself as a fan of a certain genre, you're dumb.
Quote by datskramzkid
To be honest, I don't even really find anything about what OP said to be that bad other than some "brotherhood" concept. If you listen to hardcore music, you're a fan. Although if in 2013 you have to define yourself as a fan of a certain genre, you're dumb.

There was implied emphasis on people having to look a certain way.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by datskramzkid

He said straight up if you like good music but dont look the way he thinks you should, you're a fuck up.
Quote by punkforlife93
He said straight up if you like good music but dont look the way he thinks you should, you're a fuck up.

Oh, I read it as "you're just another fuck up in our brotherhood, the "up in our brotherhood" being used in the same way as "up in here" or "among us", fuck being used in the "all you fucks" or whatever like in an amicable way.

If you're right though, fuck this guy.
Yea it was poorly worded... but either way there is no need to even mention how someone looks when referring to a fan of music.
I'm an asshole.
I figured this person thought that like most people in hardcore, the people reading his message would be image-judging people.

Anyways, yeah it's a weird message.
A true hardcore fan is vegan straightedge, covered in tattoos, listens exclusively to Youth Crew and stands up the back of gigs with a sleeveless denim jacket with crust punk patches with their arms folded. If female, hair should be dyed and one side should be shaved.
At least one tattoo of an anchor.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
only hardcore band = negitron
A whole leg piece featuring a ship and something about sinking writing in script around it is optional, but highly encouraged.
I'd imagine my camouflage leggings and dress shirt aren't hardcore enough, but I have no idea since I don't go to hardcore "brotherhood" shows and the only time I did, I was threatened because I bumped into some fat dude with a Ghost Inside hoodie while carrying our band's merch box out the door so we could get out of Michigan.

Goofy shit.
that's what I imagine other chapters of DKC to be like. the one here is pretty low key.
Quote by Internal Chaos
A whole leg piece featuring a ship and something about sinking writing in script around it is optional, but highly encouraged.

I could pull it off, what with being a Navy nerd and all.
Quote by punkforlife93
You're a 15 year old who likes Liferuiner and you're a tool for trying to make this out as a "brotherhood" you're a part of. Hardcore is all about acceptance and being nonjudgmental of outside appearances and differences, and that's even assuming there are requirements to being a fan of hardcore. And being active with music and DIY is a big help as well.

Either way, it's definitely not about pretentious teenagers trying to put themselves on a pedestal, especially when those teens have terrible music taste to begin with. I believe the term that fits you better is "scene kid."

EDIT: If you want to get into actual hardcore bands and stop posing and throwing judgment on others, plenty of people in this forum would be happy to help I'm sure. Just a bummer it's not nearly as active as it used to be.

Why are you so angry? I don't judge others. If anyone here is judging it's you
Quote by Scorpyin
You sound like a douche... Always quality of character, its not about how someone looks..

I NEVER SAID THAT!
but for me, if I see a kid who generally doesn't look like someone I would like, but has a true love for hardcore bands, then that to me is just another **** up in our brotherhood.

I'll help you out homie; you're placing implied emphasis on the way people look in this sentence. I think you did it unintentionally, but the reason everyone is calling you out on it is because this fragment (in bold) indicates that you judge people based on how they look before talking to you. There's your problem. I don't think you're some sort of hardcore crew repping asshole, I think you haven't spent as much time in various hardcore scenes as some of the people here, and while I personally think this is a stupid thread, I commend you on your desire to gather other opinions on it.
Page 1 of 2