I am thinking about buying the "Epiphone inspired by 1964 Texan" the problem is that I could not find a left handed one. So would it be a good idea to just get a right handed one and re-string it for left handed use?
Epiphone only makes one or two left handed models. (At most! They've even discontinued a couple of their electric lefties also).

I strongly advise against converting a right handed guitar to a lefty. They're never, ever right afterwards, and there are many, many lefties available today. Certainly a lot more than there were when I started playing.

I play left handed on left handed guitars and I know pretty much what is available, and where to get them. If you decide to shelve the vanity idea of a particular model, post back and I'll try and help you find something.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jun 12, 2013,
The big problem is intonation. You'll notice that most all acoustic bridges are angled slightly...To account for the different thicknesses of the strings.
In order to do a conversion right...You not only have to replace and re-cut the nut, but you have to fill in the existing saddle slot and then cut a new one.
This requires high-level luthier skills...
Also, the bracing in many guitars is slightly different on the bass side...