So I have been coming across a problem that keeps reaccurring in almost all of my guitars. I get buzzing and several dead notes on my G strings, now I have taken them to a tech and gotten the nut replaced, Ive gotten them setup and the truss rod adjusted and yet I still get the problem, and it haunts me and makes it hard to make good recordings in the studio. Can anyone shed some light?
Guitars:
Agile Interceptor Pro 828
Martin and Fender acoustics

Amp:
Bias amps
Normally if this was just one guitar and it was playing up I would suggest looking at the truss rod and neck relief and the usual suspects like bridge height etc but the fact that a tech has had a look and this sounds like several guitars can I ask if your normal action is set very low? Everybody likes their own set up with string height and gauge etc and I know some folk rack the action as low as anything and cope with a level of buzz but you don't hear it through the amp. When you got your guitars back from the tech did you play around with them to check they were ok in the shop before you left? I would maybe take them back for another look if the work was done recently. Most techs worth their salt want you to be happy with the set up and will ask you to take a look at the guitars and try them before you leave the shop.
Well the thing is, I just recieved a PRS SE Custom 24 and I have got the same problem, i use .10-.46, and i noticed the G string goes out on that as well. It goes outa tune more than the others and it has a weird twangy sound like it is always outa tune when tuned correctly. Also, I have never touched the action on this one, its straight from the factory. I tune my guitar to an odd tuning based off of a chord in dropped B
Guitars:
Agile Interceptor Pro 828
Martin and Fender acoustics

Amp:
Bias amps
What is(are?) the tuning(s) specifically that you are using?

Is this occurring on more than one guitar?

What string brand are you using?
This isn't to say that one brand is the best, but if you're using a very cheap set of strings that you're able to get for a few dollars a pack, then it could just be bad strings.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.