Heres the deal, I have seen a tone zone for £35 $50 and im wondering if i should buy it,

I have an Ibanez ART100 just sitting in my living room which i just use to play when im watching tv, im thinking i could put it in this.

I play metal and lots of it do you think this would be ok if i wanted to use it with my band, bear in mind i use emgs in my other guitars, my rig is in my sig

cheers
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
I'd buy it, I love that pickup. Its not for everyone though, lots of bass, lots of mids, can get muddy, but its a great pickup when used properly.
Sure, it's a nice pickup. I got one in my favourite RG with a mahogany body and it is amazingly clear actually.
Kinda high output though, but I am sure that's not a concern of yours
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Muddy? i use a blackstar ht 1 at home to record and i fine that abit muddy at times maybe this might not be ideal as there is alot of mahogany here.
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

For that price I'd definitely go for it. To me it's quite a bright-sounding pickup, very clear... I know that a lot of people have it as a neck pickup but it works well at the bridge
Very middy and bassy pickup, high output and yet its very clear. I like it, I have quite old one in my LTD at the moment.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
would you say it is able to cut through in a band situation? is the bass tight and not boomy
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Quote by peavey6505+user
would you say it is able to cut through in a band situation? is the bass tight and not boomy

Unfortunately I am a bedroom player, no band experience. I dont find it boomy however even though my LTD is in B Standard tuning.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I use one in the bridge position of my strat. I love it, it's clear and sounds great
yes it cuts through it's a killer pup high gain passive goodness! I put one in my crappy Dean Vedetta with a PAF Pro in the neck and it's a uber lightweight Gilbert Machine now lol!
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
that sounds good ^, i would be playing in drop C would this make a difference to clarity does it cope well with low tunnings
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

I love the Tone Zone. Probably my favorite all time pickup. I have one my prestige RG, and I love it. It has a really great, full sound. I love the bass and mid frequencies. I think its the near perfect pickup for a basswood RG.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Meh, I'm not overly impressed with it and I certainly wouldn't recommend it for metal or dip timings. It's a very middy, bassy pickup that's great for shreddy leads but I don't think it's a great choice if you're in a band. It's a very "in your face" sound and it doesn't really do "subtle", it's pretty much all or nothing. I also found it to have quite a brittle sound, probably due to that mid spike. iI's a good price and you won't have any problem getting your money back if you don't like it but youd probably be better of with a D-Sonic or Steve's Special.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i know next to nothing about dimarzios except for the d activators would would you guys suggest i look at even if its not as cheap as this one, as ive said before i play mostly metal but could probably do with a pickup that has decent cleans

my rig is in the sig
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Quote by steven seagull
Meh, I'm not overly impressed with it and I certainly wouldn't recommend it for metal or dip timings.

yeah the tone zone is just about the worst pickup i've tried for dip timings

seriously, though, i agree it's a bit of a niche pickup- very good for that niche, but (bit like the JB) it's kinda recommended for everything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah the tone zone is just about the worst pickup i've tried for dip timings

seriously, though, i agree it's a bit of a niche pickup- very good for that niche, but (bit like the JB) it's kinda recommended for everything.

I hate my iPhone sometimes
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Was this my one on ebay for any chance? In black BNIB? if so someone snagged it for £38 and its a baragain.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
If it was mine TS i have a few pickups that might be more suited to your sound than the tone zone. PM me for a decent price.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by steven seagull
I hate my iPhone sometimes

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have one in the bridge on my '81 Kramer Frankenstein guitar, & it absolutely screams. I measured it at 17.8K ohms, where a PAF is around 8.5K ohms, so that gives you some idea of its output. I've been told by other players that my Flying V with a Mojave Amp Works PAF sounds a bit better for blues, but I play a pretty heavy ZZ Top type of tone for blues, & the consensus was that the Tone Zone was definitely more suited for the heavier sounds like metal. The response is pretty much just as described above. I'd say that $50 for a pickup of that quality is a pretty good deal. You could do a lot worse! Hope this may help.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011