Looking for decent software to record some guitar tracks either through my laptop or my iphone that I can share with others and collaborate with. Any suggestions?
Not looking for the best software but just something that's free and I can record decent guitar tracks and songs.

Thanks
The hardware you'll need to record decent guitar tracks will most likely come with the required software. If you think you're getting a usable track out of the inbuilt mics or a jack adapter you've got another thing coming, and the inbuilt sound recorder software in whatever you're using will do.
Pay the $5 for GarageBand on your iPhone. Its the only one really worth investing in as most free iOS DAWs are shit. But like Chatter said, unless you've got an iOS capable audio interface, its going to sound like shit.

As for PC, Reaper
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Thanks guys. I am fully aware they will not be the best quality... I am just looking for something to put down my ideas. When I come up with a chord progression or something that might sound like a song I just want to lay it down real quick and record it before I forget it... So I will most likely just be using the mic from my laptop or my iphone...So yes, I know the quality will not be the best but I don;t plan on recording a final version with it. Just a rough draft. Know what I mean?

I'll look into the garageband Lockwolf. Thanks
I've got thousands of dollars worth of gear in my basement, but when I am in the position you describe - "When I come up with a chord progression or something that might sound like a song I just want to lay it down real quick and record it before I forget it" - I just whip out my iPhone and use the voice memos app.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.