Hello, i have two orange drop capacitors (see image below). i dont know anything about them. are they good for les paul or not? they are both the same value. i have a stratocaster too. are they maybe better for strat?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by kitarmen at Jun 12, 2013,
It's purely subjective as to whether they are better or not. Some people say yes, some say it doesn't matter. I put them in all of my guitars, and personally love them, noticed some more clarity when using them too. Your call though...

Rule of thumb: 47uF (250k pots) for single coils and 22uF (500k pots) for humbuckers.
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Tradition Guitars S2000F Pro
Last edited by PatheticMedic at Jun 12, 2013,
I guess than there is no need to replace the capacitors. it wont make the guitar better.
The tone is proportional to how expensive they are. The more esoteric and expensive means they produce better tone.

Right?
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Quote by kitarmen
I guess than there is no need to replace the capacitors. it wont make the guitar better.

It probably will, it's just that caps don't make a huge difference and we can't really tell you what you'll like best.
Orange drops are a decent step up from the ceramics they put in stock LPs. You'll probably notice that you can actually use your tone knob below 8.