all right i am sorry if the question has already been asked and answered but i don't seem to get along with the forum quite well..never used it before.
allright, i have an amp..a headset and a guitar...and a desktop monitor..and i need to record some songs. the problem is i don't have a sound card and probably not gonna have one until i can earn on my own haha...i just want to know is there any way i can record? through some software? i just need to record guitar and hope to fill in the drums/bass/other necessities through the software itself..please help if you have some recommendations..and if there's not..please humor me.
Get a job, earn some money, buy an interface. There are ways to record without one but most methods provide terrible sounding results and/or could damage your mic/line input thus only being a temporary solution.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
thank you everybody...i will try to get on hold of a good interface once i have the money! goddammit there are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going!
Ive been using an Apogee Duet 2 the past few months and I like it a lot. Excellent sound and preamps, especially for the price.
Vitne
http://
The apogee Duet 2 sounds amazing indeed, but costs a lot of money for what it is, too!
For that money you could get a Mackie Onyx Blackbird, which sounds almost as good (you will most definitely not notice the difference with an electric guitar unless you want it reeeeally clean), and has 8 times the inputs, 4 times the preamps and 4 times the outputs.

The best deals I could find were the Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, and the Mackie Onyx blackjack, wich preamps sound better. I don't know about the DA/AD conversion though, so I'd buy the cheaper you can of the two.

They both have 2 inputs and 3 outputs (2 mono for monitors and 1 stereo for headphones), and go for around $170.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Good price on what you mentioned, though I have no experience with either of those.

I suppose it depends upon your goal...or which companies you trust lol. I'm sure you can make excellent recordings on any of those. I've just always liked Apogee, which made me gravitate toward the Duet 2.

The Quartet looks pretty sweet too, but I have no need for the additional I/O
Vitne
http://
i thought
you should start with some audio interface that not pricey

such as focusrite 2i2 , itracksolo

then buy some condenser mic to recording your instrument (in this case , guitar)
if you want to record electric guitar you should place your mic in front of your amp.
if you want to record acoustic guitar you shoul place your mic around 12-fret (with this position it will get overall sound of your acoustic guitar)

about the other part of instrumen , you could get these instrument from the DAW (garage band , studio one etc)
but garageband is very ease of use.
if you have PC , you have to go with cubase , studio one etc

PS. Apogee one is also for MAC only and it's very expensive
Don't get the 2i2. Do yourself a favour and at least go with the 2i4. The lack of Pad (input gain control) on the the 2i2 means that almost anything you DI into the thing will clip and there's nothing you can do about it.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Don't get the 2i2. Do yourself a favour and at least go with the 2i4. The lack of Pad (input gain control) on the the 2i2 means that almost anything you DI into the thing will clip and there's nothing you can do about it.

Not everything DI is going to clip with the 2i2, you're just screwed if it does
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp