Song bout a soldier's realization on the battlefield

..............................................................................................................................

Times of peace have preceded,
We're standing in armageddon.
Deep in the eyes of the cavalry,
Yearning for reprisal.
Waiting for the other to strike,
Concentrating all of one's might.
On the order of the commander,
We are willing to start this fight!!

Reaching out for my shield,
Watching the bloodbath on this field.
Arrows are flying everywhere,
There's no warrior to be spared.
Fighters indulged in the scuffle,
Why is there so much of struggle??

The Endless Struggle!
The Endless Struggle!
The Endless Struggle!

Fighting against my will.
Why do I kill ?
Fighting against Endless Struggle.
The Endless Struggle.
Grammar:
Some parts are just plain awkward, eg " Times of peace have preceded" and "Concentrating all of one's might". Using "one's" instead of "our"/"their"/"my" etc is weak language, and doesn't fit a song like this at all. Why would you be "reaching out for [your] shield"? Did you drop it or something? And "Why is there so much of struggle??" is just cringy (especially with two question marks).

Rhythm/Flow:
For the love of satan, you're writing metal. Not every line has to rhyme. Don't force a rhyme if it doesn't sound good. Other than that, there's not much going on rhythmically; stressed/unstressed syllables are strewn haphazardly all over the place, but most of the lines seem to start with a stressed syllable, which gives it a nice rhythmic attack and helps make it a bit more violent. So there's that.

Imagery:
Show, don't tell.
Using a thesaurus to pad your writing with extra syllables is no substitute for detailed, vivid, bloody imagery. The second stanza is the one where you pull out all the stops and, like Alice Cooper said, "you bring them the nightmare". But lazy lines like "Arrows are flying everywhere" don't cut it. Don't tell us that the soldier's having a change of heart. Show us what makes him have it.