I'm not just asking the pit, I've also sent emails to people who will probably be able to answer my question, but I figured there might be a person or two who knows something about insurance.

I badly injured my legs last year, and I didn't end up getting physical therapy because I'm an idiot, I was busy, and I prioritize poorly.

Anyway, for a while now, I've known that I need physical therapy, because for an entire year, I was walking improperly (compensating for one of my legs).

So my question is: will insurance still cover physical therapy a year after the incident?
Do you know who can answer this?

The insurance company.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I'm not calling them again. I was on hold for 1.5 hours, and I'm 99% sure the person fell asleep or forgot about me.

EDIT: now that I think about it, that probably means they cover it. They'd have been all too eager to tell me if they didn't cover it.
Quote by progdude93
I'm not calling them again. I was on hold for 1.5 hours, and I'm 99% sure the person fell asleep or forgot about me.

EDIT: now that I think about it, that probably means they cover it. They'd have been all too eager to tell me if they didn't cover it.

****ing deal with it. They specialize in that shit, not the pit.
Quote by whywefight
****ing deal with it. They specialize in that shit, not the pit.

No, the people I talked to specialized in answering phones and mumbling.
Quote by progdude93

The only person that will be able to tell you the details of your policy and claim is your insurance provider. Provided the claim has not been closed by your insurance provider and it hasn't past the statute of limitations I am sure they will be willing to help. But that being said always remember that insurance companies don't make money but continuing to pay out settlements, so you may have missed the boat.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Yeah call the insurance company, dummy.
If you are covered, you will almost definitely need a doctor's order.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by progdude93
No, the people I talked to specialized in answering phones and mumbling.

The people they work for specialize in it and if you're stern with them you can get your questions answered. Deal with it.
Quote by ne14t
The only person that will be able to tell you the details of your policy and claim is your insurance provider. Provided the claim has not been closed by your insurance provider and it hasn't past the statute of limitations I am sure they will be willing to help. But that being said always remember that insurance companies don't make money but continuing to pay out settlements, so you may have missed the boat.

Thank you. Do you have any idea what the statute of limitations typically is? Or does it differ drastically between policies and providers?
If they don't, just run up and down stairs/hills for awhile. Ideally you'll want to go sideways, as if dancing the horah.

SOLVED
Quote by progdude93
Thank you. Do you have any idea what the statute of limitations typically is? Or does it differ drastically between policies and providers?

Statute of Limitations here in Canada for insurance claims is two years from the date the claim was initially made.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Your insurance company may be less likely to assist you if they know you've been aware of your injury for some time. Keep that in mind when you speak to them.

Moreover, is your injury the result of an accident for which another person might be responsible? The window for recovery closes as time passes. To preserve your ability to sue, research and take action immediately.

(I am not your lawyer. These are just ideas to consider when you consult with your attorney).
Oh Canada.... *sigh*

Quote by Yenko38
Your insurance company may be less likely to assist you if they know you've been aware of your injury for some time. Keep that in mind when you speak to them.

Moreover, is your injury the result of an accident for which another person might be responsible? The window for recovery closes as time passes. To preserve your ability to sue, research and take action immediately.

(I am not your lawyer. These are just ideas to consider when you consult with your attorney).

Thanks for the tip. The responsibility issue has been concluded. It happened on someone else's property, but it was entirely accidental and through no fault or negligence of the owner. It was just a freak accident.

Life lesson: sometimes slippers can be dangerous.
Last edited by progdude93 at Jun 12, 2013,