Page 1 of 3
Can someone tell me why everyone hates this song from Oasis? It's not that bad. I like it.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Yeah I know you guys hate it, but why? Is it the singer? The guitar? The fame? I think it's a nice song for a sunny day.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
i cry evrytme

I would understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Neo Evil11
Yeah I know you guys hate it, but why? Is it the singer? The guitar? The fame? I think it's a nice song for a sunny day.

Yeah, those reasons are a good start. The lyrics, the personalities behind the music. Even the chord progressions annoy me.
I like it, and Oasis are one of my favourite all time bands. Although Wonderwall is nowhere near my favourite of their songs.

People probably hate it cause its so overplayed and Liam Gallagher is a knob.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by whywefight
Yeah, those reasons are a good start. The lyrics, the personalities behind the music. Even the chord progressions annoy me.

I don't know man, sounds a lot like Led Zeppelin and the Red Hot Chili Peppers to me. Do you hate those too?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I like the song, it's just over done.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Because it's overplayed. It's a good song but so overplayed.
Wonderwall is awesome. You guys would all love it if it were a lesser-known band and song I bet
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
There's a negative correlation between the amount of people that know a song and the amount of hate it gets. Since Wonderwall is one of the most well known songs ever, it's automatically one of te most hated as well.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Neo Evil11
I don't know man, sounds a lot like Led Zeppelin and the Red Hot Chili Peppers to me. Do you hate those too?

The song itself reminds you of those bands, or are you saying the things I hate about that song are also present in those other two bands? Or are you joshing me?

Anyway, I like Led Zeppelin and I used to like Red Hot Chili Peppers until one of my friends went psycho for them and made me jam their hits on guitar every time we jammed. That got out of hand fast.

I swear to God I couldn't recognize wonderwall the first time I actually youtubed it about four years ago to see what everyone was on about. I hated it then and I hate it now
Last edited by whywefight at Jun 12, 2013,
I think Brits hate it more than anyone else because it has been overplayed.

Oasis, in general, are cvnts.

It's become a bit cheesy to play Wonderwall on an acoustic.

Chords are...commonly used.

I think people who are younger than 16, preferably not British, will like it.
I think a lot of it has to do with its popularity. It's also an easy song for beginners, which, in turn, means many people have heard some really terrible covers of it.
Quote by Neo Evil11
I'm absolutely ok with it.

To be fair its one of those songs where if you go to a bar in town that plays all of the chart music/really popular songs, you'll hear it all the time. Over and over, because its one of those songs everyone sings along to. Which is fun for a while, but when its every weekend in every bar it gets annoying.

Its very overplayed here, and its a really well known song, so obviously a shitload of people are going to hate it.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
It's the quintessential college bro song to strum at a campfire or party to seem sensitive in front of girls, and for that reason the guitarists community hates it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by SMH07
To be fair its one of those songs where if you go to a bar in town that plays all of the chart music/really popular songs, you'll hear it all the time. Over and over, because its one of those songs everyone sings along to. Which is fun for a while, but when its every weekend in every bar it gets annoying.

Its very overplayed here, and its a really well known song, so obviously a shitload of people are going to hate it.

I never really heard it that much.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I never really heard it that much.

Do you live in Britain?

....see where I'm getting at?
Quote by Philip_pepper
Do you live in Britain?

....see where I'm getting at?

But if it is played a lot in britain, surely people love it there?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Yeah, I've only heard it in public a few times. I was actually really joyed to hear it the few times I did, although that was years ago.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Neo Evil11
But if it is played a lot in britain, surely people love it there?

That's like saying that people in Seattle must love "Smells like Teen Spirit" because it's played a lot there.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
That's like saying that people in Seattle must love "Smells like Teen Spirit" because it's played a lot there.

Yes.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Just like what everyone else said, it's overplayed and an awfully over-covered beginner song on acoustic. Right up there with "good riddance". That song sucks ass too.
It's a good song.

Overplayed by idiots who feel that they are in some way "deep" or "intellectual" cos they can strum the chords. I get fed up of people who claim to be "musicians" because they can whack a guitar in an approximation to this.

Which is why it has it's bad reputation.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
It's a genuinely bland and uninteresting song.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Coming from the UK, and pretty close to Manchester, home of Oasis... I can confirm that it is their most played song. People like it, a lot of people get bored of hearing it. Whenever I listen to Oasis I always skip it.
Because the homeless chap with a guitar plays it every single night in town whilst a bunch of steamers egg him on and pelt him with copper coins.
Because maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh it was really popular for some time and people got tired of hearing it. Same with Stairway to Heaven. It's not a bad song but you'd still get kicked out of a music store for playing it.
The song is fine, but any song heard as often as Wonderwall would get annoying. Like some said, it is quite cheesy though.

A busker in my town plays Wonderwall exclusively. Not even exaggerating; sure, a lot of buskers play it a lot in their rotation, but he plays it exclusively, in an area close to the centre of town, so you end up walking by him a lot.

Drunk people seem to eat it up, whilst some fantastic buskers (like this amazing flamenco group you sometimes see here) don't get much recognition.
Page 1 of 3