Waterbending might be the second best type of bending, but that video wasn't all that cool.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Earth bending ftw you passive-aggressive nancy pansies.

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 12, 2013,

I'll take girl-bending for 400, Trebek.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Jun 12, 2013,
Earth > Water > Air > Fire

Earth can do damn near everything. Water can also do almost everything but not as well. Air is kind of neat and can be used anywhere. Fire can only really burn things.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
goddamn Katara got hot real fast

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
goddamn Katara got hot real fast

+1
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Earth was so overpowered in the series they never let it reach it's full potential

Toph could have just sucked everyone in the ground if she wanted
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by theogonia777

Earth can do damn near everything. Water can also do almost everything but not as well. Air is kind of neat and can be used anywhere. Fire can only really burn things.

How is air not the best? Surely it's more versatile than earth and water. You can use air to manipulate both those things. Just look at wind erosion.
Also, I always forget that Toph, Katara, and Azula were like waaaaaayyy more powerful than the average bender. They ****ed shit up
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by theogonia777

While I agree with your assessment, water became stupidly OP in Legend of Korra, when water benders could bloodbend all the time and take away bending powers. That was a bunch of bullshit.

You can also go by the philosophy of each bending style.

Earth is like a rock, standing your ground, unmoving and strong. (strong def + attack)
Water is about using your enemy's energy against them. (weaker def + attack, but still balanced)
Air is about going with the flow and evading. (all def [and fun], no attack)
Fire is just about aggression. (no def, all attack)

Earth is balanced, and stronger than water. Earth wins.
^ I thought that was just those two guys

Sokka even says that there are anomalies like the guy who could firebend with his mind
___

Quote by The_Blode
No, Korra used it to give everyone their bending back as well, and I'm pretty sure there was another one who could bloodbend at will, wasn't there? Or am I remembering wrong?

Anyway, Aang had to learn Energy Bending from a gigantic mythical creature in order to do that, but it was really just water bending all along? That aint right.

I mean what ever happened to freakin this:

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 12, 2013,
Oh, I just figured she used some spirit world mumbo jumbo so reverse it

^ But that was awesome
___

Quote by The_Blode
Oh, heck I dunno. Nothing was ever ****ing explained in LoK.

And yeah, that scene gives me shivers every time.
No, it really wasn't

Hopefully the new seasons pick it up!
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by CoreysMonster
No, Korra used it to give everyone their bending back as well, and I'm pretty sure there was another one who could bloodbend at will, wasn't there? Or am I remembering wrong?

Anyway, Aang had to learn Energy Bending from a gigantic mythical creature in order to do that, but it was really just water bending all along? That aint right.

I mean what ever happened to freakin this:

aang used energybending to get rid of that dude's firebending. Only way to reverse it is with more energybending.

Dr. Doom from korra used waterbending to block "chi" and shit so people couldn't bend. Remember that chakra shit? that has to do with the body hardcore so he was messing something up with the bodily fluids. Korra learns how to fix that shit with energybending cause im guessing ya know not everyone can bend elements, so ****ing with that stuff is gonna need more than more waterbending to fix. The end
Without there being explicit physical rules behind the bending it's hard to say which one is better. For example, is firebending literally just making fire in air and sending it around, or is it the ability to manipulate

Actually this shit is dumb, never mind. Fire isn't a thing, it's just hot air, and it's not like you could THROW that through other air or anything.
Quote by Jackintehbox
How is air not the best? Surely it's more versatile than earth and water. You can use air to manipulate both those things. Just look at wind erosion.

Depends on what you define as air. Is air just the oxygen? Is it all gases?

All of these need further explanation.

Is earth just our planet, or is it all solid matter? Or just all matter in general?

Is fire just physical red/orange fire, or all heat?

Is water all liquid? Water as we know it is just H2O, so this seems weakest.

Think about in space. Even tiny little microscopic rocks are around you, so earth is viable ANYWHERE. Fire only if there's heat. So you're shit of out luck if you aren't near a planet or star. Water is almost totally useless in space unless you happen to come across a comet or some shit. Air is probably most useful because you can make yourself have an oxygen bubble around your head letting you while everyone else dies because it's space.

I'd say it's like Earth > Air > Fire > Water

Water's shit.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by Weaponized
if earthbending is op how come the firenation conquered their shit

fire 1 earth 0

because the Earthbenders all left for Ba Sing Se

and then when the Fire Nation came in the good Earthbenders just switched sides

Quote by Jackintehbox

Airbending has like 2% of the ability to manipulate each of those, and really Earthbenders and Waterbenders could do the same with the other as well as air. All Airbenders could really do is block Firebending, jump, glide, run fast, and shoot air blasts. Earthbenders and Waterbenders could both completely control their element (including other forms like mud, metal, vapor, ice, water in living things, etc), they could use it as a far better shield (earth/water are more durable than air gusts and earth/rock can remain standing even after being bent), they could also travel through their elements just as well as Airbenders travel through air, they could use their element to entrap foes, etc.

I don't see how Airbending is more versatile in anyway other than that air is always present.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Yakone could also do that, but was Tarrlok and Amon's dad, so that's really only one family right there.

And Energybending legit takes away people's bending I think, whereas Bloodbending just sort of blocks it.
Quote by naedauuf
Depends on what you define as air. Is air just the oxygen? Is it all gases?

All of these need further explanation.

Is earth just our planet, or is it all solid matter? Or just all matter in general?

Is fire just physical red/orange fire, or all heat?

Is water all liquid? Water as we know it is just H2O, so this seems weakest.

Think about in space. Even tiny little microscopic rocks are around you, so earth is viable ANYWHERE. Fire only if there's heat. So you're shit of out luck if you aren't near a planet or star. Water is almost totally useless in space unless you happen to come across a comet or some shit. Air is probably most useful because you can make yourself have an oxygen bubble around your head letting you while everyone else dies because it's space.

I'd say it's like Earth > Air > Fire > Water

Water's shit.

Did you even read anything in this thread?
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jun 13, 2013,
I think people are forgetting that firebenders can also shoot lightning.
Not that it makes fire bending any better. ****ing rad maybe.
Quote by theogonia777
Did you even read anything in this thread?

No. It's a stupid discussion in a stupid thread. So I gave an equally stupid argument enforcing my position in this stupid debate. Your sarcasm detector broken?
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

That shows fukn shit n gay m8 I wud link 2 b Jesus n turn water into wine n have wine 4 blood I'd b fukn wasted 24/7 lol fukn badass.
I always thought the bending had to do with the state of matter.

Earth: Solid
Water: Liquid
Air: Gas
Fire: Plasma

Although this doesn't work because water benders can move ice and shit...
Man, everyone's talking about a children's anime show instead of that great picture I posted up above. I must be really out of touch with the Pit.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by blake1221
waterbending could drain liquid from your body and murder everyone.

but fire can burn things
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by naedauuf
No. It's a stupid discussion in a stupid thread. So I gave an equally stupid argument enforcing my position in this stupid debate. Your sarcasm detector broken?

No, I just figured that since I've never once seen you have a clue what you were talking about, things were that way this time as well.

And that wasn't sarcasm, since I recall your sarcasm detector to be outright missing.
There's some guys who are making a Pro-Bending video game. So much potential.