Hey guys I've got about 6 songs I'd like some fellow guitarists to take some jabs at!

This is my metalcore project "Resonance", and unfortunately I only have midi versions of every song but one so far, but I went to great lengths to try and get as powerful a sound I could with Power Tab and Drumtrack.

I do have one actual guitar recording but I messed up when I recorded / mixed it and it's got some clicks and pops in it.

Here are the songs I'd like anyone to check out!

1. All We Have
-- This song is about our arrogance as a species and ultimately what I believe our fate will be, through our own negligence.

2. Tsunami
-- A metaphor for societal collapse, "Ride the Tsunami, will you sink or swim?"

3. The Fire
-- A song about overcoming one's past and regrets. Very powerful lyrics in this relating to me trying to move on from bad decisions I have made.

4. We Go
-- This song doesn't really fit here but I didn't want to make a separate topic about it. "We Go" is a late 90's rock-esque song that I wrote about moving on from anything from break ups, to ups and downs in our lives. "On and on we go."

5. Onward
-- A dark metal song that tells us to stand and fight for what believe in. Don't live for someone else, and don't base your lifestyle on what everyone perceives to be standard.

6. Work in Progress 1 and 2 are just some snippits from songs I am working on now. One is a more melodic metal sound, and the other is just trying to be br00tz for fun.

Thanks guys, if anyone happens to like these I'd be happy to share some lyrics and other stuff in the works!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Equilix182/
C4C!
Last edited by Equilix182 at Jun 12, 2013,
Quote by Equilix182
Hey guys I've got about 6 songs I'd like some fellow guitarists to take some jabs at!

This is my metalcore project "Resonance", and unfortunately I only have midi versions of every song but one so far, but I went to great lengths to try and get as powerful a sound I could with Power Tab and Drumtrack.

I do have one actual guitar recording but I messed up when I recorded / mixed it and it's got some clicks and pops in it.

Here are the songs I'd like anyone to check out!

1. All We Have
-- This song is about our arrogance as a species and ultimately what I believe our fate will be, through our own negligence.

2. Tsunami
-- A metaphor for societal collapse, "Ride the Tsunami, will you sink or swim?"

3. The Fire
-- A song about overcoming one's past and regrets. Very powerful lyrics in this relating to me trying to move on from bad decisions I have made.

4. We Go
-- This song doesn't really fit here but I didn't want to make a separate topic about it. "We Go" is a late 90's rock-esque song that I wrote about moving on from anything from break ups, to ups and downs in our lives. "On and on we go."

5. Onward
-- A dark metal song that tells us to stand and fight for what believe in. Don't live for someone else, and don't base your lifestyle on what everyone perceives to be standard.

6. Work in Progress 1 and 2 are just some snippits from songs I am working on now. One is a more melodic metal sound, and the other is just trying to be br00tz for fun.

Thanks guys, if anyone happens to like these I'd be happy to share some lyrics and other stuff in the works!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Equilix182/
C4C!

Sorry for late C4C, was away for 4 months on vacation. Thanks for the August burns Red song, I notice the similarity quite a bit too shucks! oh well!! lol Take the free bump though

Writing as I go (hard to judge from MIDIs so I'm just extrapolating)

Tsunami: I see a lot of KSE influence (which I like!). Good harmonies overall. Consider adding a vocal melody to make the songs less dull in parts where its just simple riffs looped. Good chorus(es). The bridge sounds like something from a video game lol (I think the MIDI is ****ing me over here lol). I'd recommend making the bridge a little longer and more exciting and not repeating the riff at 2:30, I think it had reached its playing value by then lol. Good stuff, the outro is solid.

We Go: I think its a good progression that would really benefit from a vocal melody

Onward: I like this song better than the rest. Solid chorus man, great job on this one. The breakdown and bridge is just too good, I really think you should get this recorded and mixed and really really work on a vocal melody. Work real hard on a very good vocal line and this song will be epic.