POD HD 300 or Mesa Throttle Box for my main distortion pedal

I alway play AS I LAY DYING , Killswitch engage

now i use ESP Horizon nt-2 and metal end pedal

thank a lot
The grammar in this thread gave me cancer.

What amp?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
The grammar in this thread gave me cancer.

What amp?

sorry for my grammar 555+ (I'm Thai people , not good in english T^T)

I don't have own amp

I always play with my band at Music practice rooms(Peavy Amp i don't know serie) ><
Not sure about the Mesa Throttle Box, possible "yes". What worries me is that they mention mostly rock in the advert so it might be a tad weak for what you need.

I particularly haven't found modeler's distortions that I like so I say "no" to the HD.

How about trying Blackstar HT-Dual a shot?
http://www.houstonmusicreviews.com/GearReview/Blackstar_HT-Dual/blackstar_ht_dual.htm

They also did come up with one that is even more high gain for metal:
http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/ht-metal/

If you don't need two channels you can try the DISTX by them as well.

Not sure how the market in your end of the world is but look at Mesa V-Twin, if you haven't seen it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesa-Boogie-V-Twin-Tube-Preamp-Overdrive-Distortion-Pedal-Pre-Amp-/111091373108?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item19dd8fd434
Last edited by diabolical at Jun 13, 2013,
Thank you for your recommend

One question , How about Blackstar HT-5RH Head for main distortion and maxox808 for boost
You know that's a 5 watt amp, right? It most likely won't cut above drums, pretty much for bedroom level.
Why the Maxon exactly? You can get there with other a lot cheaper alternative: DOD YJM, Boss overdrives (blues overdrive and others), etc. Don't get me wrong - the Maxon is not bad, just considering that it would be almost as expensive as the amp, it is not worth the investment, you might as well put better money on the amp. I'd say you need about 30 watt tube or more to cut in a band situation, provided that none of the other band members are crazy enough to go into volume wars.
Quote by diabolical
You know that's a 5 watt amp, right? It most likely won't cut above drums, pretty much for bedroom level.
Why the Maxon exactly? You can get there with other a lot cheaper alternative: DOD YJM, Boss overdrives (blues overdrive and others), etc. Don't get me wrong - the Maxon is not bad, just considering that it would be almost as expensive as the amp, it is not worth the investment, you might as well put better money on the amp. I'd say you need about 30 watt tube or more to cut in a band situation, provided that none of the other band members are crazy enough to go into volume wars.

Ok , I get it .

Thank you very much
Quote by diabolical
I guess the big question here is whether you need a new amp or effects/pedals to take to practice in the hourly studio.

for comfortable , i will get P-drive(i like sound in youtube) or blackstar HT-metal pedal for practice in studio with band . if i have budget , i will get noise gate pedal too

is that ok ?
The Line 6 is a multi FX pedal (it has lots of modeled sounds and effects). I wouldn't buy it just for distortion use. It would be like 90% of useless features (if you are not going to use any other features than distortion models) and for the same amount of cash you could get a good pedal that only does distortion and does it well. If you need good distorted sounds, I would look at a good amp or a good distortion pedal.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
The Line 6 is a multi FX pedal (it has lots of modeled sounds and effects). I wouldn't buy it just for distortion use. It would be like 90% of useless features (if you are not going to use any other features than distortion models) and for the same amount of cash you could get a good pedal that only does distortion and does it well. If you need good distorted sounds, I would look at a good amp or a good distortion pedal.

first i buy line 6 because it can use as audio interface when i practice alone with headphone

555 ><
I don't like the POD's distortions but you can augment that later with your own pedal, also look at other modelers. I like the Vox Tonelab series a lot more as they sound more natural, like real amps to me. Secondhand Boss (GT-6, GT-8 or GT-10) can also be had for really good $ and I like it more than Line6.
Quote by Schecterist
first i buy line 6 because it can use as audio interface when i practice alone with headphone

555 ><

Yeah, if you want to use it for other stuff than just distortion, of course. But you were looking for a distortion pedal in the OP and I wouldn't buy it for just distortion sounds. IMO it would be a waste of money.

Yeah, I think a multi FX pedal would be a good idea if you don't have an amp at home.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115