I was looking at Guitartricks.com and it seems incredibly legit. I was thinking about becoming a full member. I was looking for lessons on
How to improvise over chords, and what scales to use
And
How to know what key a rhythm is playing in,
Basically I'm trying to learn some solo theory and this website seems to have a lot of that.
I'm curious if any of you have used this site?
Or if you've used another site that has videos and is free, better, just as good etc.
Any help is appreciated.
if you want to learn solo theory it's probably great for you

too bad solo theory isn't a thing and it's a trick to lure in young guitarists trying to run before they can crawl musically
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
if you want to learn solo theory it's probably great for you

too bad solo theory isn't a thing and it's a trick to lure in young guitarists trying to run before they can crawl musically

So I see.
To solo, learn theory of how music works through books on Amazon. I dont know that website but it could be ok if you dont like books. There are plenty of good ones. The rest is taking what you have learned in songs, getting a feel of how music works, and putting pieces of that together. That's the condensed answer to the question. No tricks, gimmicks, etc. You can learn guidelines and once you master those over years time it will make sense. Matching chord tones and gaining rhythmic feel seem to be key elements.
Check out Justin Guitar. Lots of free lessons - all he asks for is a donation if you use what he has.