Page 1 of 4
So I know theres already a car thread, but this thread is for sharing memories or whatever of your first car. What was it? Was it a piece of shit? Do you have some backseat adventures you want to share? Deets pls.

I just bought my first car. It's not the best car in the world but I love it already. No more buses and shit for me, this baby kicks ass.

Toyota Corolla '01. It even came with electric locks and windows which is a lot more than I was expecting. I thought my first car would be a beat up Civic or something

anyway share stories
pinga
That I was lent to drive? 2002 Mazda Protege5.

That is actually my own car? 2013 Suzuki Kizashi Sport:

Second one's actually mine, I took that pic.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Jun 13, 2013,
I had a 1987 BMW 635CSi. It sucked though. Now I've got a 1988 BMW 528e, and it's pretty great.
Came in here to say '01 Toyota Corolla but it looks like you got me covered, TS. Except mine is silver and doesn't haven't electric locks and windows :_;

It's also my current car.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Jun 13, 2013,
Ain't got nothing on my wheels.

Yeah, get on my level.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Rossenrot
1969 Camaro SS

No fooling? I love that car, the motor sounds gnarly. I used to have a toy version as a kid and it's still one of my favorite cars.

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Came in here to say '01 Toyota Corolla but it looks like you got me covered, TS. Except mine is silver and doesn't haven't electric locks and windows :_;

It's also my current car.

My dad used to have an 02 Corolla and it was a CE so it didn't have electric anything either. He's totaled three Toyota Corollas already. A '93, '94 and the '02.

He is not allowed near my car.
pinga
'93 Impreza, AWD and turbo swapped.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
First car I had. '93 Subaru Legacy

not the actual one. This one is probably nicer. Mine drives like shit.

First car I ever drove was badass though (not drove regularly. Just drove first, like once ). '73 Camaro,

Not the actual one either, but it looked similar. It's my dad's car (though I'm not sure if it even runs anymore). This one has nicer wheels and bigger brakes it looks like. His has the engine sticking about 3 feet out of the hood, lol Kinda like this
but with a much more streamlined and not as gnarly look. Also loud of ****

Bit of a difference

Quote by Cb4rabid
No fooling? I love that car, the motor sounds gnarly. I used to have a toy version as a kid and it's still one of my favorite cars.

Yea, those are sweet cars.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jun 13, 2013,
Quote by Angus_Junior35
'93 Impreza, AWD and turbo swapped.
That's what I wanted for the longest time, and almost got a 2011 WRX model, but changed my mind to the Kizashi when I found out how expensive the WRX's are to insure, as well as the gas mileage.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
That's what I wanted for the longest time, and almost got a 2011 WRX model, but changed my mind to the Kizashi when I found out how expensive the WRX's are to insure, as well as the gas mileage.

Yea, WRX's are a lot of fun, but like you said, no one wants to insure them since they're basically rally cars.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I got my first car two weeks ago.

2010 Black Chevy Cobalt LT. Nice little bugger if you ask me.
My first car was a 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, power everything, after it had been in like 3 accidents. The outside door handles ended up breaking, so I had to either leave the windows down, or I had a improvised tool that I used to slide between the door and jamb and hook the interior handle, give it a quick tug and PRESTO!!! No air conditioning, but it got me off of the skateboard.

apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
My first car was a W reg Suzuki Swift Cirrus. It had no power steering and was only a 1l engine so it wasn't anything special but I was fond of it.

I'm getting a Nissan Almera Tino SE in a couple of weeks. 1.8l engine and it has an LPG modification so that will save me a fair amount in running costs over time. The average price of unleaded is 135p p/litre whereas LPG is around 70p p/litre.

Quote by WCPhils
Yea, WRX's are a lot of fun, but like you said, no one wants to insure them since they're basically rally cars.
Pretty much, and I also read a statistic at one point that they were one of the most ticketed vehicles for traffic violations. Not surprising just judging by the looks.

But what also made me switch to the Kizashi were the features included inside:

Pushbutton start, dual zone temp control along with AC vents in the back, GPS stereo (which sounds 12x better than the Impreza's stereo), Bluetooth for phone, ability to play music from SD cards, paddle shifters, and overall, it was $10,000 cheaper new than it was for a used WRX without all of those features.

It's almost like if you took all the features I was looking for with the Impreza and added on to it.
I'm just happy I can practically fill my 1.8l 4 cylinder engine with like $20 I'll only really drive to work and school with the occasional tom-foolery but the Corolla is economic in every aspect of that word.
pinga
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Ain't got nothing on my wheels.

Yeah, get on my level.

I didn't actually have one, but those were the greatest things ever.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser.

Yes, I know. It was a gift. I had no say in what car my mom got me. Still, grateful that I got a car in the first place, even if it is a POS. >_>

Looks like this, same color too.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
My first car was this ... 2L carburator engine, was running rich as hell and stinked of cigarettes and farm from the previous owner. But still had much fun in this thing. It lasted barely 3 months, engine went to hell, I still wonder how it rolled it's way to the scrapyard. ( exactly like on the picture )

(Invalid img)

Then I had this for 3 years. ( picture isn't mine) Decent MPG on highway, nice stereo, AC, V6, and it was quite reliable. A huge step up from my beater Sunbird. Sold it to some guy who will probably ship it to Saudi Arabia in a container.:

Just bought this one a few weeks ago. My first manual car, and I love it. Picture is mine.:

- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at Jun 13, 2013,
Quote by Rossenrot
1969 Camaro SS

Nice car. My first was a 67 Camaro RS Convertible.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I've been trying to buy a car for the last 2-3 months. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find something decent around $6000. I swear it's easier to find something cheaper.
2007 Toyota Matrix. Bought it from my mom about a year ago for $3000. I have gotten air in it twice
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Red 1999 dodge neon with power nothin'. I liked it though. Had it for almost a year then my dad sold it because I got a speeding ticket. 93 in a 55. In my defense, I was saving my girlfriend (at the time) from suicide, or so I thought. Turns out she was fine, but you know... teenagers.

Quote by Avedas
I've been trying to buy a car for the last 2-3 months. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find something decent around $6000. I swear it's easier to find something cheaper.

I've been through about 4 cars in the past year with about a 2,000 dollar budget each time. Every one of them has had problems and left me stranded at times. For 6,000 dollars I think you could find something reliable at least.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Jun 13, 2013,
I got my car for $3500 through my dad's mechanic friend. He put a new engine block in it, new tires, and new headlights. Should last me forever pretty much.

My dream cars are a Jaguar XJ8, Bentley Cont. GT, '69 Camaro and a '64 Mustang mhmmmm
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
I got my car for sex through my dad's mechanic friend. He put a penis in it. Should last me forever pretty much.

Oh...

I'm losing my mind.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
A red 2006 Ford Ranger Sport

Saved up for two years to get it. Originally I hated the color and the fact that it was a regular cab (and a Ford) but I grew to like it. Never had any real mechanical problems with it but my dad suggested it for just that reason. Haggling with the dealer over the price is one of my favorite memories, beaten by my first road trip alone.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
I had a 1996 White Chevy Lumina. It had to be (and still is) the absolute worst POS I've ever had. My dad got it for me when I still couldn't drive, so it had to sit. While sitting for about a year or two, it got mice in it. It REEKED of mouse pee. Still does to this day, only now with a hint of death. And my dad still wants to put a new engine in it and sell it.

It developed a rod knock a while ago and I had to find a new car. Luckily my grandparents gave me a 1993 Cougar that I really like and am still driving until I fix my Subaru's engine.
Quote by c3powil

I've been through about 4 cars in the past year with about a 2,000 dollar budget each time. Every one of them has had problems and left me stranded at times. For 6,000 dollars I think you could find something reliable at least.

To be fair I'm being pretty picky. I could easily go out and grab an '06 Mazda 3 but I want something that's actually enjoyable to drive.
Not my picture but looks like the exact same model.

I haven't passed my tests yet and it won't be mine because I can't afford a car, so technically its my mum's car and i'll be using it whenever is necessary. Come to think of it, not even worth the insurance i'll be paying because I doubt i'll ever use it.

Favourite things about it are that its a nice colour, runs smoothly/comfortable/has a CD player (well I had to buy it but ah well)

Ahhh Americans younger than me have nice cars When I finally pass my test I'm probably gonna have something like a Fiat Cunto
I'll be getting my first car and since I'll be a 17-year-old male without a full-time job the insurance is going to be ridiculously expensive (I live in England). This leaves me with a pretty small selection of cars, namely the Ford fiestas and VW Polos with miniscule engines. I was thinking however, would it cost that much more to get an oldish BMW or something that was decent in its day, still with a relatively small engine? Anyone got experience with being 17 and getting insured in the UK?
One of these

It was faulty and nearly killed me (not even joking)... but other than that it was a good little car
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
I don't have much experience, but I'm guessing it'd set you back quite a lot.

D:

I just can't get that excited about having a newer low-end car, they all seem so bland and emotionless.
Have a look around for something, I'm sure you'll find something more appealing. You'll probably become more attached to it anyway
Quote by muffinduck01
2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser.

Yes, I know. It was a gift. I had no say in what car my mom got me. Still, grateful that I got a car in the first place, even if it is a POS. >_>

Looks like this, same color too.

The PT Cruiser is the ugliest car ever made. I dont even know what they where thinking.

Sorry dude.
Page 1 of 4