So i was reccomended to look at JOYO for pedals and I just ordered my first one, their digital delay. Are there other companies with prices as good as joyo that are still of good quality? I'm looking for a reverb at the moment

EDIT: Thoughts on the mooer shimverb?
Last edited by andrerist at Jun 13, 2013,
I have a NUX timeforce on the way, looks interesting, with the mini screen and what not:

Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
the shimverb's a bit meh. it's fine if you get it cheap enough (like i did... £28 or somethign like that ) and just want a no-frills bog standard reverb, but if you want something more involved or which sounds better (especially since it's more difficult to get those really good prices any more) i'd look elsewhere.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
GFS has some good pedals
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I had the Shimverb and didn't mind it for it's spring setting. The shimmer was nice too, but not as good as the Blue Sky's shimmer setting. I sold it as I only ever used the spring and now have a nice real spring reverb on my amp.

It is power hungry to, I think the manual states it requires 127ma or what not but it actually consumed over 150ma in full operation. Mooer's analog pedals seem to get a good wrap everywhere I've heard.

I would go for a used Hall of Fame if you want a nice reverb pedal on the cheap.

EDIT: Shimverb was a little noisy compared to other digital verb's I've tried.
Just ordered an Ultimate Drive because amazon.ca finally stocked em.
Hope its good.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
^^ yeah mine's a little noisy too. i don't mind its spring setting, or (especially) its room setting, but the shimmer is a bit meh (admittedly, i don't really play anything that'd use shimmer, so maybe i just don't "get" it ). And even the better-sounding modes are a bit meh compared to better-sounding reverb pedals, i'd say.

As i said, if you get it cheap enough, it's fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by McLeod
Just ordered an Ultimate Drive because amazon.ca finally stocked em.
Hope its good.

Freekish Blues has probably been buying them up again.

There are a lot of old DOD pedals that can be found for cheap. Another good way to score pedals cheap is craigslist. Just keep a lookout for the junkies selling off their stuff.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by RealGuitarHero

This made me chuckle.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100