The guitar works fine on multiple amps, just not on mine. It wont play sustained notes. as shown in the video other guitars work on it just fine. I took it in to get worked on by a "pro" but still the same issue, however my electronic experience said that its not the wiring. it has an EMG on the lower and the Mick Thomson signature hum bucker for the higher. If you can explain this situation please help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drdhv_Pnfkk&feature=youtu.be
It looks like you are mixing two different active pups. One is EMG and one is a Blackout correct? It sounds like an issue with the active electronics, but it wouldn't make sense for it to only happen on one amp. What amp do you have?
Line 6 spider4. I know its a weird situation. and thats why i made the video.
That has nothing to do with the guitar or pickups.

I suspect ur amp having a noise gate, and I suspect it's set too sensitive/high.

What a noise gate does is, it mutes all the sound when the volume gets too low, since feedback is always less loud then ur playing it cuts it out and not ur playing.

Setting it too high means that when ur chord rings out it, it naturally decreases in volume after a few secs, reaching the treshold cutting the entire signal.

In retrospect, if it muted immediately then u'd have fret buzz most likely.

If the battery was dead it would sound like as if it has a shitty cable, like a weak signal.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jun 14, 2013,
I have never set it but looked it up for my amp. Its on by default, so ill mess with that after i get off work.
Quote by Dimrain13
I have never set it but looked it up for my amp. Its on by default, so ill mess with that after i get off work.

i get the feeling the noise gate on the spider 4 is very easy to adjust by mistake without knowing you've adjusted it. This is probably what happened.

Unless i'm thinking of something else - i know i heard from a local shop that loads of people had been attempting to return a modelling amp because they'd accidentally set the noise gate threshold too high and thought it was broken, but that might've been the vox VT series.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
most likely, if it doesn't work I will report back here to get other Ideas. One thing that is off about it is what i show in the video, the other guitar plays just fine. im not sure if it has active pickups or not but it doesn't cancel out any sound.
That's what I was thinking too. If it's the noise gate, why is only one guitar effected. Have you changed the battery in the guitar just to rule that out?
It can play without the battery so I found that it was an issue with the battery somewhere. So I touched up all the wires and now it works.. Almost like magic! Thanks for the help I will def stick with this forum for anything guitar related.
Line 6 spider4. I know its a weird situation. and thats why i made the video. However I see that my other post never happened. I got it working I just retouched the wires and it worked. So problem solved.. next issue is to figure out why the tone and volume nobbs are mixed up.