No matter how much I try, I just feel so useless..

I'm sucking at my job, and I'm giving up on the prospect o looking or another one 'cause I'm becoming convinced that I'll suck at that too.

And I can't seem to get anything right anyhere else..I feel like an embarassment to myself and my family and everyone that knows me.

I commit myself to things..I try but I just suck.

I can't help being useless at everything and I don't know why.

Recently I've tried starting a load of turns and commitments..but I still feel like I'm at point one.

What the f*ck is wrong with me? I don't know where to go anymore...
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Become a Buddhist monk.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
you don't suck at anything, you just feel like you do. You tell yourself you suck, and you believe it. Don't believe it. Hang out with your friends, keep playing guitar or bass or whatever, keep thinking positive about yourself.
Quote by Mathedes
What is it you do for a job?

This.

Not sure if the pit is the best place for this but someone made a thread asking if people ever feel like dying. Turned out fine.

We do have a hugging thread for this sort of thing.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

We do have a hugging thread for this sort of thing.

Be there in a mo.

Quote by Mathedes
What is it you do for a job?

I'm working with my Dad's forest/grass/wood/fence/etc company..
Iì's long to get into the whole thing..but to cut it sort, the job ranges rom cutting grass on the roads, cutting down trees, fencing to other various outside jobs.

With the grass I'm perfectly fine..mostly it's the forest work..the last job we did, I just found it hard to understand it fully, and I never feel as if I did was enough, or good.

I'm always feeling like I jsut don't get things quick enough, and recently as if I'm just not cut out or anything.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Last edited by Krieger91 at Jun 14, 2013,
Quote by Philip_pepper
....have you tried cooking an omelette?

Who needs omelettes when I have a butterfinger?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Use your failures to take the initiative to man the **** up. Sounds harsh but it works.
join the army
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I was recently going through some stuff and I guess I just had had enough of feeling hopeless and lost and useless and so I just decided I had to be positive. It's easier said than done, for sure, but it's not the first time where I had to decide to be more positive and then my life just got better from there.

One thing that helps me is writing. I don't write poetry or stories per se, but I just write out my thoughts, just plain thinking. Alot of time we're so imprisoned by our thoughts and we're thinking them at such an automatic pace taht we can't really see what they are but if slowdown and just write we're able to step outside and see our thoughts from another perspective.

It's sort of like therapy- talking to a therapist or something, but it's all private.

I've found I've opened up alot just by writing things down and letting them go and going back and reading them over.

If you just write how helpless you feel over and over, eventually you'll realize it's crazy and that this world is to amazing to feel that way and there's something you can do about it.

Also, I find staying busy helps- you don't give yourself time to dwell on your problems. If I give myself a project on my days off, like writing a song or practicing guitar or organizing the house, I feel good.

I once read that life is a balance of creation and consumption. It's easy to be happy when you're creating and giving and it's easy to be sad when all you're doing is taking in things.

So you'll find a correlation in how happy you are based on that ratio. If you spend your days writing music or building a shed or something or making art or spending time with your family, you'll be more happier than on the days where you're in bed, watching tv or on the internet all day (granted those days have their place).
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by Krieger91
Be there in a mo.

Iì's long to get into the whole thing..but to cut it sort, the job ranges rom cutting grass on the roads, cutting down trees, fencing to other various outside jobs.

With the grass I'm perfectly fine..mostly it's the forest work..the last job we did, I just found it hard to understand it fully, and I never feel as if I did was enough, or good.

I'm always feeling like I jsut don't get things quick enough, and recently as if I'm just not cut out or anything.

You are being hard on yourself. I've felt the same way so I can grasp what's going through your mind. Here's what you do: Ask questions. Always ask for help. Ask for someone to repeat the job detail to you or have it in some form of writing.

Was it really just that one job or every job you've done that's got you? You sound like you know what you're good at it ("with the grass I'm perfectly fine") and the forest job was just a bit different. Go back to asking questions and for help.
We're all alright!
Quote by TDKshorty
post giving sound suggestions

^^
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Krieger91

Speak to your dad about it
Quote by Krieger91
Be there in a mo.

I will say if you're ever feeling like you're not doing something good enough in a job, your boss will tell you, straight up. If they're not saying you're doing anything wrong, you're probably not. They may not be positive or encouraging, telling you you're doing a good job. Doing your best job is expected, so sometimes your boss won't say anything.

But I believe this is a bigger problem, you seem bored or depressed, probably both.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
I will not suggest suicide. Do drugs instead. Helpful drugs. Like anti-depressants.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I will not suggest suicide. Do drugs instead. Helpful drugs. Like anti-depressants.

Neo is high y'all!
Quote by Philip_pepper
Neo is high y'all!

I'm sure that avatar used to belogn to someone else...
Quote by Krieger91
I'm sure that avatar used to belogn to someone else...

Kensucky? He's got Nappa.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Neo is high y'all!

Not anymore. I ate the inside of my cheeks.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Philip_pepper
Kensucky? He's got Nappa.

Ehm..someone else?

i'm sure someone had that avatar..
Quote by Hail

Crazy..for the last few days I had been thinking a lot about that very same picture.
uhh lemme try this one

modes are a social construct
Don't give up man, it'll get better.
Eventually you'll find something you're passionate about and then just focus on that.
As far as work is concerned, find something you really like doing, (it may take some time) but staying at a shitty job because it's convenient will get you down.
Be positive man.
Parlo poco italiano
Volere è potere.
You can always save up some money and come to Amsterdam to enjoy the high-quality prostitu-errrrrr I mean escor-errrr I mean delicacies.
You should never put yourself down. I'm sure you are a wonderful person. Don't listen to those people! **** THEM! What you got is soul..... They can't handle it take what you are feeling and allow your music to run with it! That's what I do your amazing and don't let no one tell you otherwise
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
And my scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel

(((
Quote by Krieger91
I don't know where to go anymore...

Sometimes, when you reach that point, what you need to do is just start anew.

A fresh start, heck, even some time off might help.

It's a tough decision to make, and definitely shouldn't be done rashly, but if you're feeling stuck and like the world is crashing down on you, sometimes the best decision is just to step to the side, let everything crash down, and just go in a different direction.
I agree with whoever suggested joining the Army. I did a couple years ago and it's done wonders for me. Kicked me into shape, my finances are straightened out, they taught me a very cool job and at the end of the day I'm proud of it. Granted I probably won't stay in, but I don't regret a second of it.
"Any statement beginning with the words 'In truth' is almost always a lie."

The Legion
Take all your ****s and burn them so you have non to give. Beware though as lack of ****s in some situations can be terminal.
Dont take drugs for this, you just need a confidence boost. Ask friends if they can get you a job so you can quit the one you are at. It's always better to work with a friend since they can help you with whatever you may need.
Is your dad giving you shit about it? If not, why be so hard on yourself for no reason? You're probably doing an ok job but you're being too critical on yourself.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer