i currently have a line 6 spider iv 15 watt practice amp and I'm looking to upgrade. i play a PRS Santana SE II which have really nice pickups. i play mainly rock and sometimes heavy stuff but i also like nice clean tones. I'm only looking for a bedroom-sized amp. i was looking at the Orange Micro Terror but I'm very inexperienced with amps. Sorry i can't be more helpful.
I'm looking to spend around the £200 mark but i can probably go for a bit more and i don't do gigging at this time.

Any help is much appreciated
How about the Laney TI15 combo approx. £350 but worth the extra

I use it with a PRS SE 245 and for all rock stuff its superb in tone

Can do southern rock to heavy Sabbath sound and half decent clean but not sparkly clean more rock clean

The tube tone from this baby is one of the best I have heard fro the cost and it has a decent 12" speaker and 15w and 1w inputs so home use or gig is possible
how much more than £200?

what do you mean by "mainly rock and sometimes heavy stuff"?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sorry i didn't make myself clearer. Up to £250 would probably be my maximum.

i think it would be easier if i just list the bands i like to play:
shinedown, three days grace, breaking benjamin, green day, slash, guns n roses, rhcp

hope this helps
Used Marshall DSL401? I'm from Australia so I'm just guessing 250 pounds is roughly $400-$500.

You could also probably get it new depending on the pricing over there. In Australia, everything is overpriced by 200%
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Quote by alexriffs
sorry i didn't make myself clearer. Up to £250 would probably be my maximum.

i think it would be easier if i just list the bands i like to play:
shinedown, three days grace, breaking benjamin, green day, slash, guns n roses, rhcp

hope this helps

yep that's fine, sorry if i sounded curt (i didn't mean to)

a modeller might be worth considering, really.

if thomann ever gets the jet city combos back into stock (the jca22 combo would be the one), that'd be worth considering, too. should be around £250, i think. but normally they only have the heads in stock (which ups the price as you need a cab too), so don't hold your breath
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Would the Orange Micro Terror be a good investment or should i just look at modelling amps?
Maybe, you really need to try it out to be sure.. but have a look here..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=dsl401&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Bare in mind with the micro terror you will need to buy a cab, unless you want a tiny terror combo. I'm not sure how that tiny speaker will do. For cleans it'll have very little headroom so if you want your cleans loud, you're going to have a bad time.

Though for crunch at bedroom volumes, yeah I guess so but having no personal experience I can't recommend it.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Last edited by Volcz at Jun 17, 2013,
i dunno, i haven't tried the micro terror

problem is, as volcz says, you need a cab as well, which bumps up the overall price to where you could maybe just get something better...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks Volcz, i will go and try the Marshall if i can. it sounds sweet!
If it doesn't work out any other suggestions?
Oh and do either of you know how the Vox VT range sound or the AC30
my buddy picked up a micro terror and it sounds incredible through his 4x12 valve king cab, and very loud for 20W solid state. i would not recommend a single channel amplifier for a practice amp if you want a variety of sounds. too much hassle dialing in each time but if you want quality over quantity (of tones), it is a very good product that I was very impressed with.

get a good cab and a tube screamer and you're in single channel heaven.
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
I'm still keen on the micro terror. I'm not worried hugely about a variety of tones. I just want a quality sound. Is the maximum for the micro terror a 4x12 cab?