hey guys , actually I have a folk guitar , I tried to cover some guitar solos but the sound was so low , so now I think I'm gonna buy a micro for guitars " pick up" like this one :
here is a video of a teste of this micro : 76.my/Malaysia/cherub-clip-acoustic-guitar-pickup-wcp-60g-emmusic-1210-17-emmusic@9.jpg

"copy the link "

here is a video : youtube.com/watch?v=uMKgcjXDlzU

the question is : I dont have an ampli , the only way is , connect this micro directly with pc !! how does it gonna sound ? is this gonna work ? of course I'm not waiting for a perfect sound but just an acceptable one ?

thanks guys .
Last edited by theskills at Jun 14, 2013,
What is a micro?

Oh, yeah... A microphone.

I'm not sure if you are going to get any sound if you just plug straight into the computer. You might need some kind of recording software. Just buy an amp. Cheapest amps don't cost that much. If you look for used amps, I think you could find one for less than $30 if you just want an acceptable sound.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
You need a usb interface. Like a Tascam US 122 mkii or a Focusrite Saffire or Scarlet.

That way it won't sound like shit.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by MaggaraMarine
What is a micro?

Oh, yeah... A microphone.

I'm not sure if you are going to get any sound if you just plug straight into the computer. You might need some kind of recording software. Just buy an amp. Cheapest amps don't cost that much. If you look for used amps, I think you could find one for less than $30 if you just want an acceptable sound.

i'm gonna buy my 1st guitar+ amp in september , so i dont want to wast money now in low amps.... i'm gonna use recording software/amp software . is this gonna work !?
Quote by Mephaphil
You need a usb interface. Like a Tascam US 122 mkii or a Focusrite Saffire or Scarlet.

That way it won't sound like shit.

What's the use of usb ? to connect teh guitar with pc ? i'm gonna use a jack 5.5 !!
Quote by theskills
What's the use of usb ? to connect teh guitar with pc ? i'm gonna use a jack 5.5 !!
I don't know what that is, but a USB interface basically takes the connection from the mic (usually XLR or 1/4" jack) and feeds the signal to the computer with a connection that it can actually take, like USB.

Here is an example of one: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/shure-x2u-xlr-to-usb-microphone-adapter

And here is one that you can plug your guitar into (more common): http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/focusrite-scarlett-2i2-usb-audio-interface