Hey. I was just wondering how many new country fans there are on UG fourms. I have just recently gor into it. I was sick or bored of hearing the genres ive listened to for years and I'm glad. There are some very talented country artists these days. Also what is your favorite artist and song at the moment?
Old country was way better both in terms of songwriting, technical ability, and sincerity.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
That may be true but new country if fun. That what I like about it.
Im loving Highway Dont care by Tim McGraw lately
"And Whamo! Your stuck with some boring job, and they dont let you play guitar and they dont let you take pictures of naked women"
-Homer Simpson
No. New Country is basically Hip-Hop but with pickup trucks, dixie shorts, drinking whiskey and what appears to be an abuse of patriotism.
If you do will you please vote for my tabs to be approved. It would awsome if you did.
I know that most people on UG are metal heads so anything besides metal sucks...but I'm a pop punk kid turned country.
I live in Slovenia which is pretty far away from anything country, but I'm lucky enough to be a pretty successful songwriter (i write in english of course) and I am fortunate enough to be able to record in Nashville this summer. It'll be only a 4song EP but it's a start and I'll keep my fingers crossed...who knows what happens.

Anyway...I like the new country and the old country. Both are good.
My favorite is probably Jason Aldean but I really got into Zac Brown band, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan etc...
I love it. It's relaxing and very easy to listen to.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

( [forbidden link] )

Believe you will love it.

We accept any form of payment.

[forbidden link]
Quote by Malchius
No. New Country is basically Hip-Hop but with pickup trucks, dixie shorts, drinking whiskey and what appears to be an abuse of patriotism.

Wow, I've never read a better description of current country. I went through a stage of listening to country non-stop a few summers ago, but can't stand it anymore. It really has become watered down from what it was even fifteen years ago, and much too poppy for my taste. But that's just my taste, tons of my friends love it now so to each their own.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
I like a lot of new country, but it's not the radio stuff, it's the underground stuff like;

Hayes Carll
Jason Isbell
Justin Townes Earle
Drive-By Truckers
Scott H Biram
Nick 13
Ben Nichols and Lucero
Ryan Bingham
Drag the River
Two Cow Garage
Chuck Ragan
William Elliott Whitmore

Most of this more Alt-Country and punk, but you might like some of it.

http://youtu.be/ADgCYjAtRUY

http://youtu.be/GQFppLauXzg

http://youtu.be/zelvaxvTaUk

http://youtu.be/lCMsUQmS0Bo
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Lucero, Drag the River and Chuck Ragan are all awesome. Check out Austin Lucas, he's one of my favourite artists ever.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
I recently got into country! I always feel so great once i get into a new genre of music, you just have to find the right artists and bands to start from and go from there.

I got into country 2 weeks ago after finding old country artists like Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, Patsy Cline, Jimmy Rodgers, Bill Monroe, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings etc.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Sturgill Simpson , Shooter Jennings , Hank Jr , Hank 3 , Hank Sr , Waylon Jennings , Whitey Morgan and the 78's , George Jones , Eric Lee Beddingfield , Dwight Yoakam , Jamey Johnson , Will Hoge, JohnnyCash. Those are some of my favorites.
Gibson SG - Rose
Fender Stratocaster Mexican-Lucy
Morgan Monroe 32-20 Acoustic
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
Peavey Delta Blues 15
Luther Drive
Russian Black Big Muff pi
Nano Muff
1982 NYC Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby