Hi,

So back in 2002 or 2003 I bought this Edwards Les Paul in Germany (which, after some online research, seems unlikely enough). However, I can't recall the exact model and the shop (Thomann) doesn't have any data on my purchase left.

It has a serial number 34550 on the backplate of the neck, but that doesn't seem to tell me anything.

See below (third post) for pics.

I should tell you that the pickups have been replaced last year. The original ones didn't have any name on them and no cover either, so no Seymour Duncans back then.

It cost a little over 1000€ which is about 1300-1400$.

Does anyone have any real knowledge of those guitars and can tell me which model it is?

Thanks in advance for any info that gets my research forward!

x Sabrina
Last edited by MissKillALot at Jun 15, 2013,
Quote by MissKillALot
Hi,

So back in 2002 or 2003 I bought this Edwards Les Paul in Germany (which, after some online research, seems unlikely enough). However, I can't recall the exact model and the shop (Thomann) doesn't have any data on my purchase left.

It has a serial number 34550 on the backplate of the neck, but that doesn't seem to tell me anything.

I have some pictures of it here: [forbidden link] (Obviously I'm not allowed to post my ImageShack link - any ideas on how to post more than one pictures? I can also send it in a PM)

I should tell you that the pickups have been replaced last year. The original ones didn't have any name on them and no cover either, so no Seymour Duncans back then.

It cost a little over 1000€ which is about 1300-1400$.

Does anyone have any real knowledge of those guitars and can tell me which model it is?

Thanks in advance for any info that gets my research forward!

x Sabrina

Can't really identify it without pictures. The more common models are the E-LP-92 and the E-LP-98.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've never seen a bolt-on Edwards LP like that. It could be a signature guitar for a Japanese artist or something but I'm just assuming.

Somebody might be able to help you out hopefully.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That's what I thought. It was shortly after a music con where they bought several guitars. I was wondering if it might just be one of a kind.
Last edited by MissKillALot at Jun 15, 2013,
have you tried emailing ESP? they might be able to help.

or ask on one of the japanese guitar forums like the tokai registry or japanaxe (they speak english there, i don't mean they're japanese forums, i mean they're forums for japanese guitars, lol).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
or the "other les pauls" section of mylespaul, they may be able to tell you as well as the ones dave mentioned. (tho honestly, it's a lot of the same guys on all three sites).

never seen that model myself.
^

and yeah me neither
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's the old Eclipse shape.

That's all I can add lol

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Well, thanks. This is becoming stranger by the minute. Could it be that I have owned a unique guitar all these years and never knew it? By the way, does anyone wanna buy it? (not kidding - too many guitars in this house)

I've already e-mailed ESP. I tried to find an Edwards contact form, but all I could find was Japanese and tbh my Japanese isn't that good.

I'll post in those forums you've mentioned - thanks for that! (Tokai Registry seems to be down right now)
Last edited by MissKillALot at Jun 16, 2013,
I wouldn't hold your hopes up about the guitar being super unique. It's more likely an older, discontinued model if anything.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I wouldn't hold your hopes up about the guitar being super unique. It's more likely an older, discontinued model if anything.

Actually, I don't really care. It's just really weird that no one has ever seen an Edwards guitar with that polish, those pickups, the writing on the headstock... And the serial number is the next thing.

In the end I just want to know a price for it. Even back in the store noone knew what it was worth so they just put a price on it. They didn't even know where they got it from or which model it was. It was a really weird thing, but definitely a great guitar.
Well to be fair, it's a niche company and they aren't really available in a lot of places so people probably don't know much about them compared to Gibsons and Fenders.

I'm sure somebody will recognize it at the ESP forums or MIJ forums. If nobody knows what it is though, it could be a parts build.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by MissKillALot

I'll post in those forums you've mentioned - thanks for that! (Tokai Registry seems to be down right now)

yeah it's been down on and off for the past couple of days. I dunno what's going on, kinda ironic that it's doing that just when you need it
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?