Im doing the same thing here in a month when I go see Periphery. I doubt itll be much different since ill either be in the pit or up close with all the other screaming periphery fans
Sail upon the open skies
No dude going to a gig alone is just as good if not better than going with your mates

Last gig I went to alone was a misfits gig in 2k11

I met so many cool people!
Seriously, If you go to a gig alone, don't be all antisocial and be a bitch and sit alone

Go talk to people,really man, it's great.

if none of this makes sense I'm sorry I'm drunk
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I've been to four concerts alone. Had a blast each time.

It's a ****ing myth that you can't do things and have fun by yourself.

EDIT: I'm not one of those guys who stands at the bar though; I like to get into the thick of it and scream my lungs out.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Last edited by guitarist41 at Jun 15, 2013,
Quote by guitarist41

EDIT: I'm not one of those guys who stands at the bar though; I like to get into the thick of it and scream my lungs out.

yeah dude exactly!
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I go to gigs alone all the time, I always meet people there that I probably wouldn't do if I went with friends because you just tend to stick to your group then.

Definitely try and engage with the other randoms there, especially if you're in the pit.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

i love going with friends, especially when the opening bands need to be mocked, but i love going alone too. i either meet show friends who i never see again and have a good time with or zone out without having to worry about losing mates or making sure they don't get knocked out.
I do it all the time, it's bloody brilliant. Especially bigger ones/festivals etc. I find it allows me to get the spot I want in the audience (usually as far forward as possible) and not have to worry about losing my friends in the crowd. It's very liberating and makes for a far more enjoyable experience, in my opinion.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Only bad part is the waiting around on your own. Barely notice the person's there during the actual concert.
Quote by guitarist41

Right on!

One of the best gigs I've been to was going to Biffy Clyro alone standing in the front row. It was a beautiful sweaty mess.
I did it once, went better than I thought it would. Easier to squeeze up to the front too. Have a couple drinks before you go (if you're walking there).
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
i saw tomahawk alone last halloween and it was fine

only problem is you can't get nearly as beat-up or shitfaced when you're the one who has to drive 30 minutes home from the city, but that's the case if you're the driver anyway, to be fair
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Well I'm back, and it was certainly different than going with a group. Waiting in between bands was boring as shit, but once the main band came on, it didn't matter that I went by myself, because everyone else was there for the same reason as me.

Overall, definitely woudn't mind doing it again.
I love going to shows on my own because
a) you meet people in line before/while leaving the venue
b) you don't have to worry about your friends enjoying themselves

Typically I'll only go with friends if they LOVE the band too!

I'm going to see The Neighbourhood this week, they're playing in New York at Music Hall of Williamsburg on the 26th and Bowery Ballroom on the 29th... And I'm going to both alone. It's gonna be awesome.
The only problem is not having anybody to talk to about the awesome experience later on. I saw Devin Townsend alone, got up on stage and danced with the band during Bend It Like Bender, and had an amazing time, but it's still kinda lame to not have anybody to reminisce with.

Other than that, it's perfectly fine.