I would want to see the headstock break before I could say it would be fixable without too much expense
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My favourite guitar is an Epi LP and its had its neck broken in exactly the same way. If its repairable, 9 out of ten it is, then done well, the repair will be stronger than the neck was originally. Just remember that the necks are actually glued in anyway so its not like a glued joint isn't foreign to a guitar... For that price you shouldn't go wrong.

This is the repair, bit of titebond and some steel pins. Rock solid, no tuning issues other than on a humid day on the old G string. Lacquer looks a bit shithouse with the flash and all but It wasn't refinished, this girl shows her scars.

Side view.

New hand carved bone nut. Live in Townsville QLD? Can hook you up with one just like it... Made from a genuine cow.
Last edited by dazza027 at Jun 16, 2013,
Quote by dazza027
My favourite guitar is an Epi LP and its had its neck broken in exactly the same way. If its repairable, 9 out of ten it is, then done well, the repair will be stronger than the neck was originally. Just remember that the necks are actually glued in anyway so its not like a glued joint isn't foreign to a guitar... For that price you shouldn't go wrong.

This is the repair, bit of titebond and some steel pins. Rock solid, no tuning issues other than on a humid day on the old G string. Lacquer looks a bit shithouse with the flash and all but It wasn't refinished, this girl shows her scars.

Side view.

New hand carved bone nut. Live in Townsville QLD? Can hook you up with one just like it... Made from a genuine cow.

According to the "pros" the repair will only be stronger if you put splines in the break to support it which I see you did). Simply glueing and clamping does nothing for the strength so I'd just caution to highlite you did more than that.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Jun 16, 2013,
I hope he used it as a ramp.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.