Recently, I've been practicing economy picking, and, suprisingly, I got at descent speed with it for a very short period of time. But I've been doing only 3 note per string major scale shapes, and The river dragon has come diminished solo by Nevermore (which I can't play at full speed yet). So how did you practice economy of picking? Any specific exercises?
You practice the things you want to play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You practice the things you want to play.

This times ∞.

Only time i really use exercises for techniques is when there is a specific thing i am having a problem with that i feel i need to fix and isolate. But most of the time just practicing songs involving them will do the trick.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Make sure you don't stick to one song as that will become bland soon and will put you off practicing. Make a list of 3 or 4 songs with the technique you want to practice and keep at it.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
fingering is basicaly just utilizing pull offs and hamer ons while only picking one note out of say 3 notes per string only pick first note start slow get faster try mixing in alt picking the first note start slow get faster also practice it in reverse i then will add second string and just mess around with alt picking first note of each string then add another string ect ...just to warm up and practice a bit of economy picking ..or just google economy picking ex and techniques.lol