I need a 3 channel tube amp. $700 or less (don't want to go over).

In terms of feautures I need either 3 independent channels (JSX style) or clean and OD1/2 to have a shared EQ (Peavey Ultra 212 style). The Lead OD should be able to do Maiden and 80's thrash (without the need of another OD pedal for the thrash would be good. I only have space for one, which I use on solos).

So far i've looked at the Blackstar ht stage 60, Marshall DSl401 and TSL(s), Peavey JSX XXX and ultra 212, and the Bugera 333XL.

So, opinions on these (or any others I missed) are greatly appreciated. PLease list any others I missed that I should look into.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by jkielq91
Bugera 333XL is spot on for your needs.

Though I feel you could get all the sounds you want on a 1 or 2 channel amp by using your guitars volume knob.

Sure. But TS, haggle them down on the fire extinguisher too.

Nah, a JSX/XXX would fit the bill better. Reliable as anything and sound really good.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
xxx had one it was great
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Forgot about the V3. good call.

The original 333 was the one that caught fire (on a few occasions; not like all of them were combustible). the xl fixed it (I think/hope, from what I read). The extinguisher is always in my basement on standby though

If I forgot to specify: It's a combo I'm looking for.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Forgot about the V3. good call.

The original 333 was the one that caught fire (on a few occasions; not like all of them were combustible). the xl fixed it (I think/hope, from what I read). The extinguisher is always in my basement on standby though

If I forgot to specify: It's a combo I'm looking for.

They fixed nothing.

Get a Peavey. Don't look back.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Maidenheadsteve

Several buddies bought these cause they sounded fantastic, like a porr man's Mesa. I almost bought one myself. After about 6 to ten months they all seemed to have the same issues, mainly overheating. One just plain fried. They all got really bad treatment from Bugera staff and weren't offered replacement even while in warranty . It was clearly a design issue but Bugera's party line was "deny until warranty runs out".

Traynor also has that head in a combo, 40 or 50 watter. It's a great JCM800 clone.
^ interesting

I like the fact that your post was 3:11 am

If you so inclined there is a Bugera thread going on over at www.rig-talk.com that could use your insight.

JSX combo all the way bud - best of all the amps mentioned. You can't go wrong.

Also, IIRC the 'XL' just meant it shipped with EL34 power tubes - it had nothing to do with when the transformer clip to PCB was fixed. It is true that that problem was eventually resolved but the amps continue to have problems to this day.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 18, 2013,
Yep the JSX is the best of those
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My vote is for the JSX. Love mine, very versatile. Got it for around $400 on guitar center's used site.
Fender American Standard Strat
Peavey JSX
Ibanez Tube Screamer
EHX Holy Grail

Twitter