is this a decent cab? a friend of mine is trying to sell his. i see that its a 4x10 with a 140w power rating at 8 ohlms. if i were to pick this up would i blow it up with the 5150ii and would it be a step to the side rather than an upgrade from my b52at4x12
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
never tried it, but normally 12s are the thing unless you know you prefer 10s...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ive played 8's before in a 4x8 cab i enjoyed that. whats the major difference between 12's and 10's?
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

12's have more bottom end. You'd probably be better off upgrading your speakers. Maybe some WGS Veteran 30's.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 17, 2013,
Quote by iheartgun
ive played 8's before in a 4x8 cab i enjoyed that. whats the major difference between 12's and 10's?

2 inches

seriously, though, normally/everything else being equal, normally pretty much what cathbard says, more bass, not just as fast of an attack, etc.

more just what you're used to, really. that's not to say 10s sound bad or anything like that, because they don't, but they do sound a bit "different" and you need to know if you like how they sound "different".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ExDementia
Check to see what speakers your B-52 has, and maybe think about upgrading them like Cathbard suggested. I say check first, because they could be ordered with V30s from the factory. It was a pleasant surprise to open up mine and see that.

The AT412 just has cheap speakers in there, your cab must have been an ST412 which came with the V30s stock. Check around for some other cabs, OP.
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Stock Eminence Legend
Peavey Ultra Plus 120 Watt Head
Rivera R412T - Loaded with Celestion V30s
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4
TC Trinity Reverb
Quote by emerald876
The AT412 just has cheap speakers in there, your cab must have been an ST412 which came with the V30s stock. Check around for some other cabs, OP.
Like I said, it could be ordered with V30s. I definitely have the AT, it has the logo in the center rather than the bottom.

It was a surprise to me when I cracked it open to find them, and I have read online about others with the same thing.
tell ya what ill have to crack it open tonight. this is the seccond b52 cab ive owned and the first one came with the stock speakers. it would be tight if it already had v30s but i doubt it. i really do like a 2x12 but i like the thump of a 4x12. i sort of see the 1965a as a hybrid of both to say. smaller sized but still has some punch
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board