so a couple years ago I got this really nice rhoads and I love the hell out of it, but its input jack is located in such a spot that the guitar is nearly impossible to play sitting down, and this wasn't an issue untill my dinky and stratocaster got stolen.

I haven't play any electric guitar in the last two years, partially due to school (music major in college) and partially because I can't sit down to learn and woodshed stuff. I've been playing my acoustics, mainly my nylon stringed one because of school.

well its summer, and being a metalhead I told myself I'd get back into my electric, and I wanted to get a nice les paul custom pro, however when I asked my dad to help me out with the cash, he replied "you don't even play the electric guitar you have". which got me thinking about how I've been neglecting an instrument that I truely do love to play (when standing up!)

then it hit me, I use a gitano on my nylon, so I don't have to use a footstool, but if they had something like that for an electric I could confortably rest the guitar between my legs when I want to sit down and learn new material.

being a rhoads V the side is completely flat, but much to thin to use my gitano on. if the suction cups where in-line rather than tandem, and the metal pieces thinner It could work. and although 1 suction cut isn't enough to support the guitars weight I've puesdo attached it to see how it would sit and its great.

has anybody else tried this, or know of where to get a thinner guitar support?

to anybody who doesn't know what a gitano is, see: [forbidden link]

EDIT: guess I can't share links. just google gitano guitar support and you'll find it.

and before anybody says to put it between my legs, thats where the input jack is. I once had a dean v and that wasn't an issue with that guitar
Last edited by Downfall360 at Jun 16, 2013,
Did you try an Angled Jack? i Myself have a dean bloodstorm tyrant X and with a straight jack i cant play sitting down either so i use a angled plug to fix that problem

M-Audio Fastrack + Pod Farm

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Is there a reason you can't play standing up?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Is there a reason you can't play standing up?

I don't think he'll spend the hole summer standing :P
If the problem is that the jack is in the lower fin inside the V curve, yes thats a stupid design and pain in the ass. But you can play it sitting down with angled cable. Not as comfy as if the cable is away on upper fin or on top of the guitar because you feel the plug pressing against your thigh but its perfectly playable.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jun 16, 2013,
I just replace one of the pots with a jack.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I just replace one of the pots with a jack.

Damn, if only my unknown Jackson would have a tone pot I would do that in a heartbeat. But its some single volume knob model.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
Damn, if only my unknown Jackson would have a tone pot I would do that in a heartbeat. But its some single volume knob model.

Why not drill another hole? I mean if you have absolutely no plans to sell it and you're confident with a drill, i don't see why not. It sure beats having the output sleeve constantly stabbing into your inner leg. If you don't like it, that's fine. Just use the hole for a killswitch.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Why not drill another hole? I mean if you have absolutely no plans to sell it and you're confident with a drill, i don't see why not. It sure beats having the output sleeve constantly stabbing into your inner leg. If you don't like it, that's fine. Just use the hole for a killswitch.

Oh, I will definetly not sell it. At best I have considered giving it as a gift to my niece who is showing interest in guitars but she is still too young for a V. Guitars life expectancy would be about 2 weeks.

Actually what you are saying is tempting. The guitar is non-functional at the moment anyway as it needs new wiring and new 3 way switch. Might aswell as start modding it hardcore.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
If its not your only guitar, you could try running it without a volume knob if you're really lazy. That's what I did
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If its not your only guitar, you could try running it without a volume knob if you're really lazy. That's what I did

Actually last couple of months it had bridge pickup wired directly to input jack so that I could use the damn thing, but now the wiring leading to jack is acting up so I have to finally fix it properly.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jun 16, 2013,
angled jack, as said already
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?