what chords fits well with the half whole note scale? keep it simple please? I like that scale and I don't know what chords fits it.

BTW I'm not really sure of the scale name, is half-whole scale or am I wrong? or whole-half tone :P ?
Harmonize it in thirds or fourths and you get chords that fit well with it.

For example, if we make a half-whole scale from C. (And i am not even going to bother getting the flats/sharps correct for this, it's way to early in the morning)

C Db Eb Fb Gb G A Bb

Now if we harmonize that scale in thirds every chord becomes a diminished chord. (even though if you can make other chords)

So if your planning on using that scale it would be over a diminished chord, or based on the third of a dominant seven chord with an altered 5th/flat 9. (Like you can play B half-whole over a G7b5 or a G7b9)
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Last edited by Sickz at Jun 16, 2013,
Half-whole, diminished scale, octatonic scale.

If you're using a set of pitches to generate musical material (in this case harmony) then just experiment, stack thirds, 4ths, etc or different combinations of intervals.

Something tells me you're out of your depth here though, what do you know about tonal harmony?
Typically over 7b9 or fully diminished leading tone chords.

If you don't know what those mean, bone up on your basic harmony and then come back to the fancy scales.
In contemporary music, the H/W scale almost always implies a dominant 7 chord with tensions b9, #9, #11, and natural 13.

However, like a few other people have said, if you can't figure that out to begin with you probably have no business trying to incorporate this into your playing YET (note emphasis on yet).
^ that last bit is nonsense. just because someone understands it conceptually doesn't mean they're necessarily going to play anything that sounds good. and more importantly, not understanding the theory doesn't preclude someone from applying it effectively.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
^ that last bit is nonsense. just because someone understands it conceptually doesn't mean they're necessarily going to play anything that sounds good. and more importantly, not understanding the theory doesn't preclude someone from applying it effectively.

The odds are definitely not in favor of ignorance when it comes to complex sounds.