so i've finally got the 'cleans' to how i like em' pretty much my jazzmaster or tele into the vibrato channel on the DRRi.. 5 years later (ish) and I'm content.

the only thing i'm lacking is drive, i'm finding it really difficult to find a high quality OD to go infront of the DRRi.. many I've tried sound horrid! no life.. too much fizz etc etc.

baring in mind i run exclusively single coils and don't really have the need for 'crushing' distortion, what would you recommend in the UK ?

live SW london.. will buy used.. budget about £100 ?
Ibanez TS9 or some Marshall, maybe Jackhammer or Bluesbreaker.

I have Jackhammer, the OD mode on it is pretty nice.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Boss Blues Driver, or just a Tubescreamer.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
I really like my MP Sweet Honey OD for a low-gain applications. It's the one safe pedal on my board right now, and you can find the non-handwired versions for a decent price used. I traded for a Flashback for mine -- value was probably around $110 for it.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I use a CMAT MODS Signa Drive for what you want, and it's perfect.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
i've tried a modded sd-1, stock blues driver and an EQ... not working for me unfortunately.

i really want to keep the clarity of single coils without sounding like fizz.... this signa drive sounds interesting.. any good demos?

any other recommendations other than boss stuff? not a huge fan
i know tgp always acts like the timmy sounds too fizzy (or too something, i dunno what) with fendery amps. now, they're full of shit, but even still it might be worth keeping in mind a little, based on what you said.

really i'd try to try the 4 or 5 ubiquitous od circuits (which most ods are based on)- tubescreamer, bluesbreaker, klon (that one might be harder to get to try), timmy (ditto klon), blues driver, distortion +.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 16, 2013,
seen a couple of nice demos of the lovepedal od11? never tried any of the lovepedal stuff... reputable gear? anything to be aware of?
Quote by daverichards
seen a couple of nice demos of the lovepedal od11? never tried any of the lovepedal stuff... reputable gear? anything to be aware of?

It's essentially a Timmy clone. I had one and loved it. Great transparent low gain drive. The other pedal I would recommend that goes well in front of a DR is the Wampler Euphoria. Gives you a lot of versatility as it can do the the whole low gain transparent drive but can also do a great "Dumble" tone at the flick of a switch.

EDIT: Just thought of a few more awesome pedals I really like with my DR and that was the Subdecay Liquid Sunshine and the Super Signa Drive. The SSD being a tubescreamer variant but you have the EQ and toggles to really make it transparent. The best thing about that pedal though was the awesome clean boost that operates independently of the drive side.
Last edited by ibanart300 at Jun 16, 2013,
i am not 100% sure on this, but for my music man (HD212 130 watt) and i really like the zendrive up front. nice and sensitive and really does a great job, but doesn't have a ton of gain. the only thing i am not extremely confident about that is that the MM has a SS preamp and that its 130 watts having headroom for eternity versus a lower watt amp.

i love my timmy. thats my most frequently used OD, works great with practically everything quick to dial in. i am currently using it to boost the second channel on my MKIV.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by daverichards

yeah it's basically a timmy, as people have been saying.

i've heard good things about the liquid sunshine, but i haven't tried it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a hotcake if you want it to be transparent!
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.