11 years after the first one came out, they've finally announced the third.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjBHFb0fZM

This calls for an official thread!

This is the chronological order:

Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts
Chain of Memories
358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts II
coded
Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom Hearts III

I'll be honest with you guys, I can't even remember everything about the story. I've not bothered with Dream Drop Distance, but the way I understand it *spoilers ahead*

Sora and Riku do some sort of mastery exam and Sora falls "asleep" or some shit and Riku becomes a keyblade master and has to save Sora...or something. Oh and Kairi has to pass the same exam as the other two.

Don't know about you guys, but I think they've made the whole story too confusing with those extra games they've brought out.

Oh and

Don't they have to save Ven, Terra and Aqua? I think that's what the plot's gonna be about.

So what do you guys expect from KH III? Star Wars characters? Marvel? Awesome finale? Anti-climax? Cliff-hanger?

Also, don't expect it to come out any time soon because Nomura felt that they announced the game far too early. FFXV will very likely come out first.

2016 here we go!
KHIII is the game I'm most excited about from E3. It's the whole reason I bought a PS3, thinking it would be released on that five years ago. I really hope there aren't any Marvel or Star Wars characters in the game. Pixar though? Yes please!
Game is for pedos and queers.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I loved the first game when I first played it, but when I tried to play it like last year it didn't appeal to me at all even though I had such fond memories of it, second one was alright.
I'll probably get and finish the third game to get some closure, I expect to start out feeling like I've missed a lot of stuff and to end it feeling even more lost and confused.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Doomtrain should steamroll Goofy and Donald, then Sora can hitch a ride as they hurtle through diffent Disney worlds inflicting multiple status effects.

then suddenly sabin and everything goes to shit
Kingdom Hearts was one of the most important games in my childhood. I loved the characters, the world, the story, and, especially, the music. It's all so good and I'm really excited for KHIII.

I'm also learning how to play the Riku and Kairi movements from Yoko's sonata. Fun as shit.
Quote by intothe
I loved the first game when I first played it, but when I tried to play it like last year it didn't appeal to me at all even though I had such fond memories of it, second one was alright.
I'll probably get and finish the third game to get some closure, I expect to start out feeling like I've missed a lot of stuff and to end it feeling even more lost and confused.

Same.

I played the first game when I was 13. I'm ****in' 22 now.
I'm 20 and I'm still mad excited for the game, not just because I want to see how the series ends. I don't get that hung up on being too old for anything.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I'm 20 and I'm still mad excited for the game, not just because I want to see how the series ends. I don't get that hung up on being too old for anything.

I just hope I'll still like it.

Thing is though, I thought KH II had a great ending with enough closure. The whole "Ventus Terra and Aqua" story line only seems to have been created to make KH III.

Not sure how I feel about that. I mean, come on, do we care about them anywhere near as much as finding Kairi and Riku?
I have KH I and II and 358/2 days. super excited for KH3 but that means i have to get a new playstation haha, are the other games important/worth it to play?
HAHA that was so funny I forgot to laugh
A few months ago, I actually played through Kingdom Hearts, Re:Chan Of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts 2 and I still enjoyed them quite a bit.

I think the BBS storyline was a good thing, mostly because we get to find out how everything came together, although, the time traveling bit is weird as balls, but it's about on the leve of Bioshock Infinite, so oh well.
I really LOVED the first two games but I fear they won't have the same impact as when I was 13
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by supersing40
I have KH I and II and 358/2 days. super excited for KH3 but that means i have to get a new playstation haha, are the other games important/worth it to play?

Birth By Sleep is important to understand, more or less, what's in the letter that they got at the end of KH II.

Dream Drop Distance is actually a direct sequel to KH II. Which is really weird considering it's on 3DS and not that many people will probably play it.

Which means, KH III won't follow KH II directly. There will be a bit of a gap, just like in KH I and II.

You COULD just read up on what happens or watch youtube videos of walkthroughs.
I've played both the console ones until there wasn't shit left to do in the game, lvl 99 on both.

I beat 358/2 days, liked it a lot, but not as much as the console releases.

I played Dream Drop Distance, and it sucked horribly, the whole story starts with some wizard telling you you're not a 'true' keyblade 'master' to which sora shoulda just hit him /end of game. And the dream eater thing was just weird. Also the expert mode was WAY harder than in any previous game, I had to grind forever to get anywhere in it. The 3D game was just bad, it didn't seem to drive teh story what so ever, I couldn't even finish it.

My girlfriend loves it to the point of buying merch, and she didn't like the 3DS one either, and it was her whole reason for buying the 3DS.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 16, 2013,
Quote by stratkat
I've played both the console ones until there wasn't shit left to do in the game, lvl 99 on both.

I beat 358/2 days, liked it a lot, but not as much as the console releases.

I played Dream Drop Distance, and it sucked horribly, the whole story starts with some wizard telling you you're not a 'true' keyblade 'master' to which sora shoulda just hit him /end of game. And the dream eater thing was just weird. Also the expert mode was WAY harder than in any previous game, I had to grind forever to get anywhere in it. The 3D game was just bad, it didn't seem to drive teh story what so ever, I couldn't even finish it.

THIS.

I think they've diluted the series with all the releases.
Really loved the first one. The second was good but I couldn't get all that into it because I thought it was way too easy. Still excited for this despite not remembering anything about the story.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Really loved the first one. The second was good but I couldn't get all that into it because I thought it was way too easy. Still excited for this despite not remembering anything about the story.

This is definitely true. The second one was ridiculously easy, even on the hardest difficulty. I also missed all the optional boss battles like in the first one. I hope, some day, that they release the Final Mix for it so we can do all the fun things it has to offer.
Yea, you were practically a god in the second one, lol
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Yeah the difficulty and secrets and optional battles were half of what made me love the first
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by WCPhils
Yea, you were practically a god in the second one, lol

Master Form=Super Sayin

That was the best for me.