Well, we all like playing guitar and i think everyone reaches that point where you want to record your own things. I want to record something but i want to put more elements in the song, elements like, bass, keyboards, drums, ambient sounds, synths and evrything you might think about, in short terms i want to expand my creativity and have more diverse parts in songs instead of just guitar. I have another problem and that is that im short on cash so i can't spend anything. What i wanted was some plugins, vst's, software, etc..., that could process the sound of the guitar and make it sound like something else. With keyboards, piano, synths etc i wanted something that could allow me to write without buying any controler.

I want to experiment so i can invest later on something more serious!
Thanks
As far as I know, you won't be able to change your guitar sound to something else without spending money. You would need a device that changes audio to MIDI. MIDI is information message that the computer reads that tell the computer things like when to start playing, which pitch, how loud, etc. You can then take this MIDI information and make it any sound you ant using VSTs and such.

I would get Reaper (a DAW with a free trial, and very cheap to actually buy). In Reaper, you can write MIDI parts, then add VSTs to make them whatever sounds you want.
guitar pro is alright, not so much for recording actual music but it does have a lot of different instruments that you can work with to create your songs. Which gives you a good base to work with and somewhere to start. I dont have a drum set but i use GP to create drum track behind the guitar tracks i have made to see how they fit together and such.

TL;DR - you can torrent guitar pro for free, it may not be the best software but its a start.
Quote by Invicto91

TL;DR - you can torrent guitar pro for free, it may not be the best software but its a start.

You can also torrent your way to a warning from a mod. It might not be a ban, but it's a start.
The best way to convert audio to midi is a Roland thing which I don't remember the name of.
It's pretty expensive, though.

If you're not gonna play really complicated stuff, check this.

Then you should get a DAW to make your midi tracks sound.
I'd get the free trial of reapes, as suggested, or go for Apple's Logic (only if you have a mac), which is the second cheapest, and also the best, if you ask me.

In a DAW you can pretty much do everything you need - compose, record audio and midi, mix and master stuff, change sounds and so on.

If you don't feel like going for something complicated instead, get garageband.
It's basically a veeeeery cheap and stipped down, but very simple DAW, which is probably what you need if you never used one.

To play with drums and synth sounds though, you'd be better off learning some theory about the instruments you wanna play with, like how the different drum pieces sound, what is a typical drum part for that genre ecc, and how synths work.

That way you'll probably be able to achieve what you want without having to record 99 guitar tracks to get all your notes recognised by the audio to midi tool.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
The best way to convert audio to midi is a Roland thing which I don't remember the name of.
It's pretty expensive, though.

If you're not gonna play really complicated stuff, check this.

Then you should get a DAW to make your midi tracks sound.
I'd get the free trial of reapes, as suggested, or go for Apple's Logic (only if you have a mac), which is the second cheapest, and also the best, if you ask me.

In a DAW you can pretty much do everything you need - compose, record audio and midi, mix and master stuff, change sounds and so on.

If you don't feel like going for something complicated instead, get garageband.
It's basically a veeeeery cheap and stipped down, but very simple DAW, which is probably what you need if you never used one.

To play with drums and synth sounds though, you'd be better off learning some theory about the instruments you wanna play with, like how the different drum pieces sound, what is a typical drum part for that genre ecc, and how synths work.

That way you'll probably be able to achieve what you want without having to record 99 guitar tracks to get all your notes recognised by the audio to midi tool.

Thanks a lot! I think this is what I wanted