Page 1 of 3
Ok guys, serious question (for whatever that's worth). Does anybody here legitimately believe that the supernatural/otherworldy beings or creatures/folklore/the occult/etc. could possibly exist? Not in a religious sense or anything, just in general. Recently had this discussion with someone and I'm hungry for opinions.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
I don't see why they couldn't exist, but I would not claim that they do.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
it depends on what you mean by supernatural. If there is an infinite amount of space in the universe, some planets, like ours, will have animals or beings

Edit: if you mean aliens not ghosts anyway

If you mean ghosts then I really don't know nor do I care
Last edited by ehbacon at Jun 16, 2013,
They could, but I could be a T-rex who programmed a computer to post for me 100 million years in the future and talk to all of you. Prove me wrong.
Check out my band Disturbed
yes, they could exist. to say no i think is the arrogance of humans. to say that reality is confined to our perceptions just seems pompous. on the other hand, it seems foolish to jump to conclusions about things we cannot know.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jun 16, 2013,
Of course not.
Quote by angusfan16
Yes i am a ghost

OR AM I

dun dun dun duuuuuuuuuuun
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 16, 2013,
heck no. get off the weed man! if we haven't found anything like that yet with our technology and exploration then i don't think we ever will. Now, outside of our solar system... that's a different story.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Supernatural/otherworldy being things that don't exist in the natural universe or this world?

Well, no. The clue's in the name, surely.
The giant squid was thought to be mythical until one washed up.

Obviously not on the same level as the fabled Kraken, but still makes you think what else could be out there that we think to be mythical.
Quote by CoreysMonster
The giant squid was thought to be mythical until one washed up.

Obviously not on the same level as the fabled Kraken, but still makes you think what else could be out there that we think to be mythical.

Disbelief in anything is more stupid than the actual believing.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662

do you believe in psychics? The abominable snowman? The Bacana (a cross between bacon and bananas, the greasiest fruit t.m.)? What about vampires? Zombies? The octo-frog (frog with 8 legs and 8 eyes)?
Last edited by ehbacon at Jun 16, 2013,
Quote by jjfeu662

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by ehbacon
do you believe in psychics? The abominable snowman? The Bacana (a cross between bacon and bananas, the greasiest fruit t.m.)? What about vampires? Zombies? The octo-frog (frog with 8 legs and 8 eyes)?

Physics is the study of how things work, and not believing in how things work is really stupid. The yeti is the same color as the snow, so he's probably really good at hiding. With genetically modified food, the Bacana is coming very soon. I have not met a vampire, but that doesn't mean that they're not lurking around the night. Voodoo does some crazy stuff, including making zombies. If the octo-frog doesn't already exist in the wild, some mad scientist is going to cross-breed a spider and a frog to get that.

EDIT: Read wrong. Psychics

Quote by The Doctor
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

If someone is able to think like that, they can probably tell the future.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at Jun 16, 2013,
this thread is balls
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
this thread is balls

Welcome to the Pit.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
Physics

not the thing
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by jjfeu662
Physics is the study of how things work, and not believing in how things work is really stupid. The yeti is the same color as the snow, so he's probably really good at hiding. With genetically modified food, the Bacana is coming very soon. I have not met a vampire, but that doesn't mean that they're not lurking around the night. Voodoo does some crazy stuff, including making zombies. If the octo-frog doesn't already exist in the wild, some mad scientist is going to cross-breed a spider and a frog to get that.

psychics (si-kicks) not Physics (fi-sics)
Quote by ehbacon
psychics (si-kicks) not Physics (fi-sics)

See the edit.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Holding the principle of belief hinging on evidence is critically important if we're ever going to understand how to world works.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I doubt they do, but it'd be pretty insane if they were real.

A part of me kind of wishes they were real.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Holding the principle of belief hinging on evidence is critically important if we're ever going to understand how to world works.

Maybe, but if we haven't found it yet, that doesn't make it any less true. Take the giant squid, or those weird lights in the sky and the government lying to you about them.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Absolutely.

Not accepting the possibility of something simply because it falls beyond the realm of one's understanding is the mark of a foolish man.
Quote by Kopp2
Who wears jeans when it is 25 degrees outside, tell me
Quote by jjfeu662
Maybe, but if we haven't found it yet, that doesn't make it any less true. Take the giant squid, or those weird lights in the sky and the government lying to you about them.

If a hypothesis cannot be falsified, then it isn't science.
Quote by Matsukaze
Absolutely.

Not accepting the possibility of something simply because it falls beyond the realm of one's understanding is the mark of a foolish man.

But we can understand that supernatural occurrences are impossible because there is no such thing as the supernatural. Nature emcompasses all of existence. If something exists outside of nature, then how could it possibly exist?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 16, 2013,
Quote by StewieSwan
They could, but I could be a T-rex who programmed a computer to post for me 100 million years in the future and talk to all of you. Prove me wrong.

T-rex lived 67-65million years ago. Disproved!
Quote by StewieSwan

My goodness, now I know the reason why I drew you like a crocodile with gorilla arms. D:
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by jjfeu662
Take the giant squid, or those weird lights in the sky and the government lying to you about them.

Seek help.
I haven't seen anything personally but I've heard from a friend who heard from a friend who heard from a friend that they saw one while they were high, so they must be real.
Didn't they also find some dead chupacabras?
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
Ok guys, serious question (for whatever that's worth). Does anybody here legitimately believe that the supernatural/otherworldy beings or creatures/folklore/the occult/etc. could possibly exist? Not in a religious sense or anything, just in general. Recently had this discussion with someone and I'm hungry for opinions.

Highly unlikely they would exist and we wouldn´t know about it. Still a possibility though.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I believe in some complex theory of telepathy. But in the end, I couldn't call it "supernatural" because it should have an explanation.

Really, 'magic' is simply a force of nature which hasn't been explored and defined by science yet. And, believe me, there are MANY such forces of which humans don't know. Knowledge expands every day...
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Last edited by TheNameOfNoone at Jun 16, 2013,
Quote by TheNameOfNoone

Really, 'magic' is simply a force of nature which hasn't been explored and defined by science yet. And, believe me, there are MANY such forces of which humans don't know. Knowledge expands every day...

Well you seem to be such a well-versed member of the scientific community, how could I not take your word for it?

Fucking hippies

What if God wasn't a person, but a force?
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662

What if God wasn't a person, but a force?

What if your mother wasn't only a *****, but a fat one as well?
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Page 1 of 3