I heard this song on radio and I don`t know what it is called. Help me!

I heard this song on some online radio and I don`t know what it`s called.
I`ll try to describe it:
It is more like old school metal and more towards old death metal.
It has growls that sounds like the band Death.
During the verses the singer sings through a vocoder.
Two or three times during the song it mellows out for a few seconds and the guitars turn clean, they use chorus and a lot of reverb.
The licks are a little bit Slayer-ish.

It sounded really cool but I couldn`t hear any vocals :/
The most distinguishable parts are the vocoder and the clean parts.
Dissonance is underrated.
I thiink that it is Veil of Maya by Cynic but the clean parts didn`t really sound like the one I heard.
But the band is most certainly Cynic! What a cool sound man. Vocoders and shit!
Quote by Jon777
Almost definitely a Cynic song. Since you think it sounded old school I'd probably probe around their album "Focus."

The song was called Uroboric Forms Thanks dudes!
Does anyone know anything about this band? Are they still relevant or have they ever been well known?
Quote by Lyrax
Does anyone know anything about this band? Are they still relevant or have they ever been well known?

They've got a new album coming out October. Their singer and drummer both were in Death for the recording of 'Human'.
Quote by Lyrax

Focus is a well-respected album in Metal and pretty much any Metal fan has heard of them. They're still making music, but it's become pretty far removed from Metal in comparison to their debut.
sean malone was with them for their first 2 albums, and sean malone is a damn legend in the bass world
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by whywefight
Especially their last EP and most likely their new album. Their songwriting is still as tight as ever though.

I dunno, I'm willing to put money on them going heavier again. Not like "Focus" per se, but moreso than CBA.
Quote by whywefight
Sean Malone is still in the band

he recorded bass on one of their new EPs and is recording on the new album but he doesn't tour with them anymore.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by whywefight
They've got a new album coming out October. Their singer and drummer both were in Death for the recording of 'Human'.

Oh cool. I recognized the growls a little bit.
dat smooth bass man, dat smooth bass.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I gave this a punt, even though i was convinced that i probably wouldn't like it, but it's actually pretty damn cool. I have to say though, i don't really like the tone of the bass. The actual playing is great, and it kind of fits in during the mellow parts, but it sounds really strange when they cut loose.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Lyrax
Oh cool. I recognized the growls a little bit.

It's true that Cynic's singer and drummer were on Death's Human album, but the singer was only playing guitar. The vocals on Human are all from Chuck Schuldiner. Also on the album Focus the growls are handled by a guy named Tony Teegarden, the only singing Paul did on it were the vocals that sounded like a vocoder.

And if you like Death and Cynic you would probably also enjoy the bands Atheist and Pestilence.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
this thread is fantastic, the OP is hilarious
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
this thread is fantastic, the OP is hilarious

Haha. Hilarious you say?